Anyone just back from the Spirit?

NJLVW

We were on the Spirit last week (1/16 -1/23) and had a great time!!

I would go on this ship again in a heartbeat!

I was also on that cruise (1/6-1/23)

A word about the Tivoli pool when at sea:

One day was crowded with a lot of people drinking in the pool.

One day was closed to rough seas.

Third day was nearly empty because of the wave motion in the pool.

Check out my YouTube of getting into and out of the Tivoli pool. https://youtu.be/6sQDV8sU8kY

Tendering in STT? How many ships were in port? I haven't heard of anyone tendering there in a long time. Maybe time of year? Curious!

There were 5 cruise ships in port on our trip and we docked at the third St. Thomas cruise port. It was furthest away from downtown.

There were 5 cruise ships in port on our trip and we docked at the third St. Thomas cruise port. It was furthest away from downtown.

I didn't know there were 3 terminals in St. Thomas. Do you happen to know the name of the dock and how many ships docked with you?

We are scheduled to tender from the spirit on 2/16. Your post gives me hope that perhaps we won't have to. I've read that tendering from the spirit is a nightmare.

Thanks for your insight.

I didn't know there were 3 terminals in St. Thomas. Do you happen to know the name of the dock and how many ships docked with you?

We are scheduled to tender from the spirit on 2/16. Your post gives me hope that perhaps we won't have to. I've read that tendering from the spirit is a nightmare.

Thanks for your insight.

We docked at Crown Bay. This is a dock used by private mega yachts. It must be that none were using it so we did. Only one small cruise ship could dock there.

Edited by traveler1255

We docked at Crown Bay. This is a dock used by private mega yachts. It must be that none were using it so we did. Only one small cruise ship could dock there.

Thanks for sharing - Was there much at this dock? How long did it take you to g et into Charlotte amalie? Assuming cabs were available?

Was there much at this dock? How long did it take you to g et into Charlotte amalie? Assuming cabs were available?
There is a small area of shops for the cruise ships. About half were open the day we got there. The area around Cherry Bay is industrial but there was a grocery store used by the locals in a 15? minute walk. There were taxis waiting.

It took like 12 of us to Charlotte amalie in about 15 minutes. I walked thru an alley of shops to the main street where it started to rain. Went to the next alley to the Side Street Pub and had lunch at a table with a big umbrella (Free WiFi). Rain stopped and I ended up at the Belgian Chocolate Factory. Out on the bay side street, there was a taxi stand. Most taxi were going to the other cruise ships. I had to wait 5 minutes or so for someone willing to go to Cherry Bay. Think it cost $7 to get back.

There is a small area of shops for the cruise ships. About half were open the day we got there. The area around Cherry Bay is industrial but there was a grocery store used by the locals in a 15? minute walk. There were taxis waiting.

It took like 12 of us to Charlotte amalie in about 15 minutes. I walked thru an alley of shops to the main street where it started to rain. Went to the next alley to the Side Street Pub and had lunch at a table with a big umbrella (Free WiFi). Rain stopped and I ended up at the Belgian Chocolate Factory. Out on the bay side street, there was a taxi stand. Most taxi were going to the other cruise ships. I had to wait 5 minutes or so for someone willing to go to Cherry Bay. Think it cost $7 to get back.

Thanks for sharing. ......good info to have as getting mixed reports but think we're docking the same place!

Strang question, but does anyone have a pic of the closet? I'll be in an ocean view and I'm trying to see if I should bring hangers or put things on shelves

I didn't take a picture of the closet but you can see part behind me. Deck 6 Oceanview cabin

463b47fb4e27ff27c5ac7ebe46b423d6.jpg

Edited by traveler1255

• 2 weeks later...

We got back yesterday. We were in balcony 9090. The worst problem we had, as well as neighboring cabins, was the noise that kept us up 2 nights. It was like a loud hydraulic pump that would run every 5-10 minutes for 15-20 seconds. After the first 36 hours we complained and it was fixed. YEAH. The next night was fine. Then again the following night the noise was back, but worse. They finally fixed it again for our last night. We did notice it back again in the morning when we left. Sorry for the next group of passengers. Then most in our group of 34 had problems flushing the toilet. We finally realized it was a delayed flush. You flush and wait a few minutes or more for it to work. We had horrible ordors in our bathroom. The room stewart finally correct that. Something in the traps. This was our 8th cruise and this ship seemed to rock a lot more than most. As others mentioned, meals in the main dining room took 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Way too long. Food in the buffet, was hit and miss. Actually, food in the main dining room was hit and miss too. Never had shrimp cocktail, or lobster. For an extra $20 could get lobster. Wings, fish and snacks in Blue Lagoon were the best. The crew was very pleasant. The aft public areas were nice. All in all, I would not go back on the Spirit. We did have to miss Cayman Islands as the itinery took us there at noon and the piers weres full and we could not tender due to winds.

• 1 month later...

As we get closer to my cruise date I thought I would bring this back up top to see if there are any new thoughts from those just returning from their fabulous cruise on the Spirit. I do believe there has been staff changes so wondering who the concierge & butler staff are now currently aboard? Any info is always greatly appreciated. I have read that the menus for Cagney's are the new menus with the crab cakes, lobster bisque & surf & turf. If anyone happens to have a copy of the menus from especially Cagney's I would love to see it. Also if you have any of the specialty restaurants I would appreciate that as well. As always I thank everyone for your responses.

21 days and counting-------->NJ would rather be cruising today

Anyone just getting back? Thoughts? Advise? Anything???

Thank you

Been back just over a week now, had a great time!! We spent most evenings in Henry's pub !! tell Mathew that the Crazy Canadian's said hi !!

10250109_10156658334085585_5361559644564882261_n.jpg?oh=bdbd9a1fb7c368d95bffc855109887a9&oe=578DD1E1

Make sure to go to the front of the ship on deck 12 near the middle front is a spiral staircase that takes you down to a viewing area of the bridge!! So cool.

10351015_10156658334610585_64351308018173732_n.jpg?oh=80e46aac22781e6fa3bcceaec4698fa3&oe=5784AA72

Whenever we would call to make resrevations at Windows for dinner they would always tell us they had nothing until 8:30, we would go down around 6-6:30 and ha no problem getting a table for 6!

Edited by hockeyluver

Thank you so much. This is what I am looking for. More, more, more. Anyone else? Experiences, things not to miss, menus??? How were the shows? Staff, crew members? Could you get ice cream and where?

Thank you again,

They have an ice cream station in the buffet on deck 12. I just started a review today from last weeks cruise. I hope you find it informative.

Silly question about ice cream I know but hey priorities...lol

I just started reading your review. I can't wait to read more. Thank you. All the info I have been looking for.

Norma

Just got off the Spirit today! I haven't had time to a review yet. Yes, there's ice cream on deck 12 in Raffles (I also saw toppings!). We ate at Cagney's. I do recall a surf-n-turf but I don't recall crab cakes - they may have been on there. We ate at all the specialty restaurants as well as Windows & The Garden. We enjoyed everything we ate - however we did not care for anything we tried in Raffles. Common areas of the ship were in good condition but secondary areas (restrooms, cabins) are showing their age and could use a refresh. Everything was clean & tidy though. Staff couldn't have been friendlier - service was slow at times but it was a sold out ship. We also enjoyed the entertainment. Hopefully I'll have time for a more detailed review!