video

griffster

hi all

I have a Samsung WB1100F camera, but what I was wondering, does anyone think I should buy a small video camera to take on the cruise. 2/1/2016 VENTURA around the caneries,( our first one). my camera videos, but, I don't know why, but I thought a video camera might be better. thanks. lynn

How much video are you planning to take and under what circumstances. I have a Samsung WB350 and the video is pretty decent and is adequate for Youtube or looking at on the phone. If you will be taking extensive videos or in low light, the other camera might be a plus.

I do videos almost exclusively and most of the stills I take end up getting assimilated into Blu Ray discs. So my remarks will be canted in that direction. The thing is, you need to try video with a dedicated camcorder for awhile before you go. Borrow from a friend and take it everywhere, capturing literally anything that strikes your fancy. Then watch it carefully and take your emotional temperature: does what you see excite you? Enough to launch into it and plan a story and learn to edit, maybe sometime build to improving sound? Making engaging (and therefore worthwhile) video is a whole other discipline, not simply a photo that moves. My observation is while some people like both modes equally, personal temperament at some point sharpens the one as it dulls the other. And all things being equal, you'll have a more satisfying time if you can sort this out before you leave.