NCL Beach Getaway

lbrandon

Does anybody know which beach club NCL uses for their Beach Getaway excursion in Costa Maya?

Also are taxis readily available at the beach clubs? The excursion description mentions that shuttle service runs approximately every 90 minutes. Depending on the timing that may really limit our time at the beach since we must be back aboard the ship by 2:30.

Edited by lbrandon

Not sure, but I know the Beach Snorkel Adventure goes up to Uvero Beach, about 30 minutes away. It has all the facilities they mention. It is "popular" because all the cruise lines have excursions that go there. And that would explain the every 90 minute shuttle times. Taxis don't generally head that way.

If you are along the malecon, no need for a shuttle every 90 minutes, you're a block away from catching a taxi or the beach club can either rcall you one or direct you to the nearest taxi stand.

I just called NCL to book this excursion and she said it "didn't specify" because they change beaches periodically. Does your itinerary say you have to be back by 2:30? I'm on the Star on Jan 10 and it says 5. It states on the NCL site that this is a "3 hour" tour leaving at 8:30, so I hope they don't make me leave by noon! I forgot to ask the NCL rep. I did note the shuttle service every 90 minutes, so assumed that allowed an open range of arrival/departure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...