Epic win

DevonianCruiser

Got back a few days ago after a week on the Epic.

First things first, I entered a poker tournament and amazingly I won a cruise for next December out of Florida. It's a free cruise and entry into their Grand Final Poker Tournament. It's worth around $2,000 but I can't go so looking to put on eBay or a forum of some kind to see what I can get. . . . . . . . . Reason I can't go is my a girlfriend is expecting in July. I've two older boys but it's our first together :D

The cruise was out of Barcelona, so we had a couple of days there first. Stops were Naples, Rome, Florence, Cannes and Palma (though weather was too rough to dock in Palma). For a weeks cruise the itinerary was amazing and apart from the last day the weather was great.

Barcelona is a brilliant port for boarding, all very a straight forward and easy. I'd certainly recommend it.

The Epic - I liked it and if the destinations were what I was looking for, I'd do it again. The meals were very good, as were all the staff. The ship was clean and tidy and has excellent facilities.

We had a mini suite. My girlfriends dad passed away 6 months ago and we took her with us. She didn't want her own cabin and shared with us. Have to say it wasn't ideal. I understand it wouldn't be but the bathroom arrangements aren't exactly ideal (if you've been on you'll know what I mean). It was doable but not one of my favourite cabins.

As for the ship, there isn't anything really to fault, however she's not as pretty or as inviting as others. It kind of felt enclosed which may seem odd for a big ship.

Overall we had a fantastic trip apart from a couple of days of morning sickness but hey we've had to have IVF to make this little dream come true so it's worth it :)

Glad you enjoyed the Epic. We were on last month on the re positioning cruise from Southampton to Barcelona. The ships has just undergone a 3 week dry dock refurbishment and looks new and shiny again! That was our 4th voyage on Epic.

And congrats on the win! Christine and her team took good care of us last month.

Edited by BirdTravels

Glad to hear you have a good trip, Can I ask how you got between the airport & port? I'm sailing next week and booked everything through NCL but have been reading that there bus transfers arnt very good! Not worrying about it and if we should jump in a cab. We don't land until 1pm and we set sail at 5 (I think)

Not worrying about it and if we should jump in a cab. We don't land until 1pm and we set sail at 5 (I think)

I'd say that go for the cab - much easier and stress-free, especially with that schedule in case there are any delays.

A taxi from Barcelona airport to the port is a set 39 euros. They know exactly where to drop you off if you tell them which ship. Never had to queue for one either.

Do you know if the same is true in the reverse direction meaning from the ship to the airport? Also does this include taxi vans? We are a party of four so we would need a vehicle large enough for us and our suitcases. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Rochelle

Do you know if the same is true in the reverse direction meaning from the ship to the airport? Also does this include taxi vans? We are a party of four so we would need a vehicle large enough for us and our suitcases. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Rochelle

It is the same both ways but I don't know if it would apply to a taxi van. The signs in the taxi window shows 29 euros & then a charge per person & for each large bag. We've done it twice, once each way & it was 39 each time. Another couple at our meet & greet had also been charged 39 euros

Congratulations to you and your partner: after all the injections and bits and bobs that you have to go through I am sure she is glad of the morning sickness ;)

Also glad you had a good time - well done on the poker too, hopefully you can sell it (maybe the Blonde Poker site might be an option?) and you can buy something nice for the baby :)