Shuttle from South Jersey to NY terminal

MotherofTrips

Is there a shuttle or bus that you can take from South Jersey to the NY cruise terminal?

Don't know of anything direct to the cruise terminal. Years ago we took Greyhound from Cherry Hill, NJ to the Port Authority and then a cab.

In Oct. 2015, we took NJ Transit out of Trenton to Penn Station and then a cab to the port.

We live in Middlesex County and after a lot of deliberation, have decided that the cheapest way to get to the port is to take Suburban Bus to Port Authority and take a cab from there to the port. To eliminate leaving our car, we are getting a ride to the Tower Center in East Brunswick on Route 18 where we can get the bus. We figure that the cost of the bus should be about $20 for the two of us and then about $15 or so from Port Authority to the ship. We did call a car service and was quoted $155 each way. That is way too much for us!

Looks like we will be driving. There is 6 of us including my 3 kids. Probably wind up cheaper to just park .... Plus all the luggage ... We parked our car before..... It's just so expensive

Some routes of N.J. Transit go to The Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan. (Apply for a free senior discount pass, if applicable). I always leave my car at the N.J. bus terminal parking lot. It's just a few dollars per day, well lit and secure. From there, it's a quick bus ride to Manhattan. Luggage is no problem. Kids will enjoy the 90 minute ride from South Jersey. Once you arrive at the bus terminal, retrieve your luggage, head to street level and grab a cab to the pier. That's it.

Taking a car into N.Y.C. is expensive....fuel, tolls and a week of parking fees....the bus is cheap, reliable and a safe way to go as well.

We drive to the Hamilton station, 295 and take the train to Penn Station. 15 each way for adults (not sure on the prices for kids, certain ages are free). They have a nice parking garage 10 dollars a day. Then a cab to the pier, less then 10 dollars. It is actually a enjoyable train ride. On weekends they do stop at each train station, about 89 minutes.

Same route we take. Usually then grab a cab to a hotel near the pier (there is a Hampton Inn I think it was a block and a half away) have a nice dinner and walk over to the ship in the AM.

You could easily do it day of cruise as well, but I like having time to visit the adjacent Intrepid.

We drive to the Hamilton station, 295 and take the train to Penn Station. 15 each way for adults (not sure on the prices for kids, certain ages are free). They have a nice parking garage 10 dollars a day. Then a cab to the pier, less then 10 dollars. It is actually a enjoyable train ride. On weekends they do stop at each train station, about 89 minutes.

Looks like we will be driving. There is 6 of us including my 3 kids. Probably wind up cheaper to just park .... Plus all the luggage ... We parked our car before..... It's just so expensive

When we have traveled with six of us we parked at the pier. Especially if kids are with you it's easiest this way I think.

HAVE FUN!!