Splendor drydock

lisajm

Well, I am sure Harri knows best... Just wondering what they did with the thousands of $ worth of new linings that were loaded onboard and thousand+ new mattresses? Musta left them at the dock in Bahamas

Edited by poz222
Delete numbers

Our cabin looks nice except rust outside that is noticeable. One new and one old chair on balcony. Cabin linens look good, was really surprised how beat up the decor in Lido was. We were trying to figure out if it was supposed to look that way :).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Does anyone have any pictures that they can post of the new look of the front of the ship?!

I've love to see what it looks like with the new suites over the bridge.

Did anyone try to get up to the new suites and see if any doors were open? I know they aren't done yet, but I'm curious to see if you can see them yet.

Thanks!

If it's any indication, the line for guest services stretches all the way to almost he theatre. That should tell you something!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Maybe they all want their S & S cards punched with a hole!

How much longer is work on the new Lido deck staterooms going on? We sail on her April 17th and our stateroom is only 4 doors down from the new staterooms and really don't want to listen to drilling, sawing, hammering while in our room. we picked that area of the ship because its said to be one of the quietest areas and easy access to the forward deck which now no longer exists with the new staterooms. hopefully the forward deck above on deck 10 is still there.

poz222????

Think of the logistics of just placing new mattresses and disposing of the old ones. Approximately 3000 guests about 1500 rooms taking about 30 minutes per room taking old mattresses out and putting new mattresses in place. 12 hours per day That works out to 60 1/2 days for one person. Wow.

If it's any indication, the line for guest services stretches all the way to almost he theatre. That should tell you something!

Isn't the guest services line always long? It seems like it is always filled with complainers.

Edited by lylone

Think of the logistics of just placing new mattresses and disposing of the old ones. Approximately 3000 guests about 1500 rooms taking about 30 minutes per room taking old mattresses out and putting new mattresses in place. 12 hours per day That works out to 60 1/2 days for one person. Wow.

I was on an extended b2b (8 cruises in a row) preceeding the drydock, mattresses were being changed the last three weeks going into it.

How much longer is work on the new Lido deck staterooms going on? We sail on her April 17th and our stateroom is only 4 doors down from the new staterooms and really don't want to listen to drilling, sawing, hammering while in our room. we picked that area of the ship because its said to be one of the quietest areas and easy access to the forward deck which now no longer exists with the new staterooms. hopefully the forward deck above on deck 10 is still there.

poz222????

Poz222 mentioned that they should be ready on the April 3rd sailing.

I was on an extended b2b (8 cruises in a row) preceeding the drydock, mattresses were being changed the last three weeks going into it.

That's Great News!! I don't know why I am so excited about new bedding lol

Isn't the guest services line always long? It seems like it is always filled with complainers.

LOL

I am hopeful for a new or at least a good mattress. As long as the linens are clean, then I am happy with old but clean linens.

I do however hope that American table is in fact now on the Splendor, as I am looking forward to a change, at least so I can at least try it once and decide if I like or not. Tablecloths..ok either way. Again, either way, I am looking forward to my upcoming cruise on Splendor, and am sure I will enjoy. Still, though looking forward to any and all feedback from cruisers post dry dock.

I am loving all of these posts! I sail April 10th! Little bummed about Guys's but no biggie. Maybe it will be fun to go back to the days of the burrito bar and the grill. I was "offered" an upsell for the Captains Suite that apparhently isn't quite finished yet. Currently in a Balcony cabin. My kiddos love the upper Pullman so we may not even do it. I am super curious how much it will be. (the Carnival person hasn't responded yet). Keep the info coming!!

Thank you to all that have posted.

I really thought the focus was going to be cosmetic. She is still scheduled to go to China although the timeline has been pushed back. I think she may be back into dry dock just before China. I would think they would want to have a pristine ship over there as it I a very competitive market.

I certainly wasn't expecting a Guys or Blue Iguana as I am not sure how much appeal that would have in the China Market.

And I didn't expect to have a menu change. For the most part I think AT has stalled. The last ship to change to AT was the Conquest back in early October. That was almost 6 months ago.

Whatever the results of dry dock I am happy to be sailing her come May.