Does the Shoreside Concierge Usually Respond?

andnosyd

I think I'm probably just impatient, but I sent a few requests to the shoreside concierge in response to her email I got a few days ago for our upcoming cruise on Saturday, but haven't heard back. Is it typical that they respond?

I have found that typical. They will forward your requests to the MC Concierge.

By the way: the Shoreside Concierge for my Silhouette cruise leaving Sunday has yet to contact us. I was proactive and called my contact at Celebrity and asked her to handle the contact with the MC Concierge on the ship. She told me that she would. Said that Thanksgiving has caused some delays.

I was contacted by Tanji on Summit. I made a request and he wrote back to assure me that he had taken care of it. It probably took 24-48 hours.

I'd just send a friendly note if I were you and ask if he received your request.

Edited by tangerinebunny

We made a request of the shoreside concierge when she contacted us a week before our recent cruise. Never heard back from her.

Was the request honored? I'll follow up if I don't hear back, especially if requests made haven't been honored. Thanks for the feedback.

I was contacted by Tanji on Summit. I made a request and he wrote back to assure me that he had taken care of it. It probably took 24-48 hours.

I'd just send a friendly note if I were you and ask if he received your request.

Just an FYI, Tanji is a female. She was great to deal with as is Kim, the Concierge on Summit. If you luck out and have Kim the butler you will have a great ship board team. Between them and Ashley the CC hostess, not to mention Captain Kate, it was a memorable time on board.

We received an email on Friday, 8 days before sailing. Responded on Saturday, since she said she was going to be off on Tuesday, and I had not heard she received our responses, I sent an email asking if she got our email. She called and left a voicemail that she had our requests and was working on them with the ship. I won't contact her again, we'll see what happens when we board Saturday.

It seems to be working, but th and communication is not what we've received from concierges in similar level hotels when we've been provided pre-stay services but the communication will not be important if the requests and responses are handled. If not, then :confused:

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Just an FYI, Tanji is a female. She was great to deal with as is Kim, the Concierge on Summit. If you luck out and have Kim the butler you will have a great ship board team. Between them and Ashley the CC hostess, not to mention Captain Kate, it was a memorable time on board.

Yea! Tanji said Kim would take care of my diet request. So I guess we lucked out.

We leave Friday for San Juan and it's been raining here for days and days.

I'm so pleased I could float all the way there, but I'll just chill land go with Delta.

Was the request honored? I'll follow up if I don't hear back, especially if requests made haven't been honored. Thanks for the feedback.
We requested reservations at one of the speciality restaurants. We were told that we would get an email back confirming the reservation. Never heard back so we asked the Michael's Club Concierge to check on it when we boarded. Don't know for sure but believe the reservation hadn't been made by the land based concierge. Wasn't a big deal to us but if your request was important you might want to keep emailing.