blocks...

We recently received our block on Radiance. We had a query for the loyalty ambassador when we also enquired about the block. We were not listed to receive one but it was sent to our room on the afternoon of the Top Tier event.

There were presentations at the event but only for 210 points or more.

I find it a ridiculous situation, one per household. We used to sell some giftware like those blocks, and by the time someone imported them, and then a travelling salesman touted them around, they were still CHEAP! Nice, but they don't cost much and imagine how many RCI got straight from a manufacturer.

Yes, I wanted ours, and yes I know the T&Cs say one per household, but it would cost them less than one evening of drinks for one person in the Diamond Lounge, at wholesale pricing.

Am I still sour that they (the future sales person, as Aussies are hit and miss for getting Loyalty Ambassadors) told us we would get ours at the top tier, and we smiled and clapped while other 140 point people that were so valued got theirs.

She had so many excuses when we came up and asked why? We didn't see you (we were 10 feet away), you were not on the list because you are back to back cruisers (that is why we asked her after the end of our first leg of the back to back, while we were booking another cruise!), we felt very slapped in the face.

As I have said before, they handle these things so hit and miss that it ends up being offensive. They need a big overhaul of the loyalty lists. Give people more free laundry, people on Celebrity seem to love that, and they are not offended at missing recognition with pins and blocks, as they don't get promised they will get them.

I am not going to beg for any more things on the loyalty program list. I will just send off a quick letter to head office next time. There are too many threads on here, from a very small sample of cruisers on RCI, and the problem is endemic. I am going to enjoy looking at the ocean, and really that was what we booked the cruises for anyhow :)

I find it a ridiculous situation, one per household. We used to sell some giftware like those blocks, and by the time someone imported them, and then a travelling salesman touted them around, they were still CHEAP! Nice, but they don't cost much and imagine how many RCI got straight from a manufacturer.

Yes, I wanted ours, and yes I know the T&Cs say one per household, but it would cost them less than one evening of drinks for one person in the Diamond Lounge, at wholesale pricing.

Am I still sour that they (the future sales person, as Aussies are hit and miss for getting Loyalty Ambassadors) told us we would get ours at the top tier, and we smiled and clapped while other 140 point people that were so valued got theirs.

She had so many excuses when we came up and asked why? We didn't see you (we were 10 feet away), you were not on the list because you are back to back cruisers (that is why we asked her after the end of our first leg of the back to back, while we were booking another cruise!), we felt very slapped in the face.

As I have said before, they handle these things so hit and miss that it ends up being offensive. They need a big overhaul of the loyalty lists. Give people more free laundry, people on Celebrity seem to love that, and they are not offended at missing recognition with pins and blocks, as they don't get promised they will get them.

I am not going to beg for any more things on the loyalty program list. I will just send off a quick letter to head office next time. There are too many threads on here, from a very small sample of cruisers on RCI, and the problem is endemic. I am going to enjoy looking at the ocean, and really that was what we booked the cruises for anyhow :)

I could not agree more my point is that if both people in my house have earned it we should both get it. I am not wanting the second one to sell on eBay. The fact is we will both hit it on freedom and I think we should both get it and I want it because after my grandfather died we paid for my grandmother to go on freedom with us and I would love to be able to give her the second one.

Not sure they have ever been linked... We both have separated numbers and log ins and have select separate welcome gifts... And as said before who knows what they will actually do lol.

There is some sort of automatic linking process that I'm not sure how it works. I suspect that if two people have the same last name, same residence address, say they are married, and cruise in the same stateroom, they might get automatically linked.

I agree, but I'm more disappointed by how they do the same "household" thing for the D+ amenities than for the blocks.

Have to agree! The blocks are very nice. We have 2 and I really like the Q block. It does however bother me that we both pay full fares to cruise, we both earned D+ status, and we both like different wines. Yet...we can only select one wine.

Have to agree! The blocks are very nice. We have 2 and I really like the Q block. It does however bother me that we both pay full fares to cruise, we both earned D+ status, and we both like different wines. Yet...we can only select one wine.

And if you sail in different staterooms, you both get the amenities.:confused: