What is the difference between N1 and N2 Suite?

Gina

Hello Gina,

Just a quick report from 8056 (currently on the TA on the Journey). In the past 9 days we have not heard ANYTHING from above (or either side for that matter). Sooooo, great location, great choice. Enjoy your cruise. John

Best of both worlds. Those are the N2s that are closest to midship and you save a little over the cabins next door to you.

Another thing to consider is what is on the deck above you. There are a few spots where noise from above is a potential issue. Most of the N1s are below the pool grill or bandstand and most of the N2s are under the Windows Cafe.

I can tell you from experience that 8054 is definitely quiet and 8057 on the starboard side should be pretty good as there is not much immediately above them in the way of furniture that needs to be moved for cleaning. The same is true for the two you are considering as they are under the entrance to the Cafe and shouldn't have much noise. Azamara does a good job of keeping noise to a minimum, but cleaning inevitably requires furniture to be moved.

For more info on cabins, use the sticky cabin thread and the cabin spreadsheet at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47733118&postcount=354. FYI...8059 has some bad reviews, so 8056 is a better choice.

8056 is our cabin of choice and we have found it very quiet, we had 8042 once and found there was a lot of noise from above. We had booked 8056 for January on Journey, the first cruise after the refit but as it won't be ready in time we have been moved to 8061. Worried that there may be some noise from the doors by the pool grill, but relieved still to be in a CC suite.

There's a belief that ships ride smoother midships than forward or aft. My experience on Quest and Journey has been that aft staterooms are not noticeably different from midships staterooms in this regard. (Forward staterooms are an entirely different story.)

Some people just have to be midships, so cruise lines can and therefore do charge more for those staterooms.

I disagree. I think there's noticeably more vibration when the ship is underway once you get past the fire door that separates the N1 and N2. Same with the motion - on our first night on Journey in 2007, we were seated as far aft as possible in the dining room and had to move before I humiliated myself.:eek: Granted, the N2 cabins aren't as far aft as that, but I guess I'm one who "has" to have midships based on my personal experience.

If the price difference is only $100pp as it was when we booked, I'll go for the N1, but in the 50's - we had 8044 and could hear noise from the pool deck quite clearly.

I disagree. I think there's noticeably more vibration when the ship is underway once you get past the fire door that separates the N1 and N2. Same with the motion - on our first night on Journey in 2007, we were seated as far aft as possible in the dining room and had to move before I humiliated myself.:eek: Granted, the N2 cabins aren't as far aft as that, but I guess I'm one who "has" to have midships based on my personal experience.

If the price difference is only $100pp as it was when we booked, I'll go for the N1, but in the 50's - we had 8044 and could hear noise from the pool deck quite clearly.

Dining room is on deck 5, N2 CC suites are on deck 8 and not as far aft. Some N2s are right near the aft elevator.

I walk the corridors on decks 7 and 8 for exercise and I notice no difference aft of the elevators vs. midships. Slightly more noise in the corridor next to the exhaust but not once the door is closed and you're in the suite.

Lastly, we always have dinner at one of the tables for two (there are three on each side along the outer wall) in the aft corners of the dining room, and I've never noticed a vibration that was worth even mentioning, except perhaps during docking or departure when the ship is moving sideways.

Based upon one experience in N2 8071 (about as far aft as you can go), I agree with Marinaro44 about the vibration, or more accurately the lack thereof.

The only issue we had was on the first night as the captain sailed at approximately full speed because of a change in itinerary. That night it was not a general vibration but rather isolated to the large wall mirror. Had it continued we would have had the problem addressed. It didn't.

The only concern we had was that there might be noise above from Windows, but there was virtually no instance of noise occurring.

I can't comment about the motion, except it was the same as all of our previous cruises. But we fortunately we encountered no seas of any magnitude.

I would certainly agree with you that if the price differential was $100. Then an N1 would probably be our choice.

Dining room is on deck 5, N2 CC suites are on deck 8 and not as far aft. Some N2s are right near the aft elevator.

I walk the corridors on decks 7 and 8 for exercise and I notice no difference aft of the elevators vs. midships. Slightly more noise in the corridor next to the exhaust but not once the door is closed and you're in the suite.

Lastly, we always have dinner at one of the tables for two (there are three on each side along the outer wall) in the aft corners of the dining room, and I've never noticed a vibration that was worth even mentioning, except perhaps during docking or departure when the ship is moving sideways.

Based upon one experience in N2 8071 (about as far aft as you can go), I agree with Marinaro44 about the vibration, or more accurately the lack thereof.

The only issue we had was on the first night as the captain sailed at approximately full speed because of a change in itinerary. That night it was not a general vibration but rather isolated to the large wall mirror. Had it continued we would have had the problem addressed. It didn't.

The only concern we had was that there might be noise above from Windows, but there was virtually no instance of noise occurring.

I can't comment about the motion, except it was the same as all of our previous cruises. But we fortunately we encountered no seas of any magnitude.

I would certainly agree with you that if the price differential was $100. Then an N1 would probably be our choice.

I guess I'm hypersensitive, then.;) And I should clarify that we were in fact going top speed into a cross-beam swell that night in the dining room. I wasn't the only one feeling green that evening.:eek:

I guess I'm hypersensitive, then.;) And I should clarify that we were in fact going top speed into a cross-beam swell that night in the dining room. I wasn't the only one feeling green that evening.:eek:

As of yet we haven't shared that experience so, indeed, we might be feeling the same effects as you, and thus changing our favourite location in the MDR. :)