Breakaway Aft - Facing Cabins with Large Balconies?

dongordon

I am looking for a Aft -Facing Cabin on the Breakaway with a large balcony (with sun) but not a suite...either mini aft suite or regular aft cabin would work.

Are the cabin #s the same on both the Breakaway and Getaway?

If so, Getaway cabins would work as well.

If you have been in one of these cabins, could you please provide the cabin numbers?

So far, my research on previous threads indicate:

11910, 11308, 11312, 12308, 12906, 9320, 9318 have large balconies.

I am not certain if these cabins all have some sun and are not suites. :)

I know there is a chart on this, but I could not understand it.

Actual Cabin #s work best for me! :D

Thank you.

Don

I stayed in an aft facing cabin on the Getaway this past May and it was HUGE! Two loungers, two chairs, a table, and STILL had room. My cabin number was 12306, and was just a regular aft-facing balcony (no mini-suite). It was perfect. The bed was by the balcony, which I love, being that there's more room to get into the closet.

I have a picture, I just have to find it.

From deepest to least deep, the decks are 9, 12, 11, 10, 14, then 13.

Click on the link below for a spreadsheet that gives a ton of info...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10YW7fMQarer30UCHKqKJ_zLDmbyMTczCTtYf2XRflh8/pub?single=true&gid=0&output=html

...and click on the blue "X" for pictures/video for most categories.

The pictures don't really do it justice, but you can get an idea of just how deep they are. I believe the same setup is on the Breakaway.

aft1_zpszeyzjumi.jpg

aft2_zps7jaisfiv.jpg

Thanks so much for your information and photos.....this cabin will be on top of my list when booking my next cruise on the Breakaway next year!

Don

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

We also stayed in an aft balcony minisuite 10916 - the balcony was sooo huge. We had another couple on the cruise with us and we enjoyed the deck every night. we could have had four loungers and would still not have been cramped. We did NOT have any noise from the club, but did have a bit of soot on the chairs. We just put some towels over them and it was not a problem. We truly enjoyed this room.

Edited by RIvacationgirl
edit

Hi, Is there any way to know what deck gets the most sun; the least obstruction from the deck above?

Looking at the slanted design of the rear of the ship...

GetImage?ImageID=0659c6b4-450d-e611-8477-782bcb667b27&Width=450

...the angle of the sun and the direction of the ship will dictate the amount of sun. They all provide sun and shade but because the sizes differ, the percentage of sun vs. shade will differ. At times, all decks will get blasted by sunlight (late afternoon) if the ship is traveling away from the sun.

Hi, Is there any way to know what deck gets the most sun; the least obstruction from the deck above?

Thanks!

Jennifer

If you are looking for more sun, check out the large balcony mini-suites on deck 8. Those are absolutely huge balconies. About 2/3 uncovered and 1/3 covered.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
We also stayed in an aft balcony minisuite 10916 - the balcony was sooo huge. We had another couple on the cruise with us and we enjoyed the deck every night. we could have had four loungers and would still not have been cramped. We did NOT have any noise from the club, but did have a bit of soot on the chairs. We just put some towels over them and it was not a problem. We truly enjoyed this room.

Does this cabin have a regular bathroom or a handicap bathroom?

The balcony is fantastic. Just be advised, the diesel engines produce a fair amount of soot. Be sure to score some extra towels to place over the chairs if you go to sit out there in the morning (Coffee, etc. ). The room steward hoses down the balcony daily, but don't leave any bathing suits out to dry.

• 2 years later...
On 7/11/2018 at 8:51 AM, EmeraldCoastCruisers said:

YAY!!!! This is our cabin on the Breakaway for our 40th wedding anniversary out of NOLA in February. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Three years later and I just saw this post. 😳 I hope you had a great time! I wish the Breakaway still sailed out of NY.

2 hours ago, LazyDays64 said:

Three years later and I just saw this post. 😳 I hope you had a great time! I wish the Breakaway still sailed out of NY.

At times it does..several sailings scheduled between September and October. Whether they actually happen or not is still questionable though.