staying overnight in port and getting on at the next one

Hello, I will be traveling On serenade of the seas on April 29 2016 from ft Lauderdale to Copenhagen. The ship stops in ponta delgada, the Azores; cobh, Ireland; le have, France; Bruges, Belgium; and Amsterdam. So my question is this: we would like to overnight in Paris and catch the train to Bruges the next day and get on the ship then. Is this allowed? Would it be best to ask permission in advance or just 'miss' the ship? Thanks in advance!

Hello, I will be traveling On serenade of the seas on April 29 2016 from ft Lauderdale to Copenhagen. The ship stops in ponta delgada, the Azores; cobh, Ireland; le have, France; Bruges, Belgium; and Amsterdam. So my question is this: we would like to overnight in Paris and catch the train to Bruges the next day and get on the ship then. Is this allowed? Would it be best to ask permission in advance or just 'miss' the ship? Thanks in advance!

You need to request permission. The security people on the ship need to know in advance.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=322&faqSubjectName=Before+You+Purchase+&faqId=623

Edited by clarea

We did this a couple of years ago on a Med cruise. We were told to email emergencyteam@rccl.com with details of the name of the passengers, cabin number, ship and sailing and the date you wish to disembark and re-embark. It was very straightforward and they got back to me immediately.

The only thing I wouldn't be sure about with your cruise is that, since it is a transatlantic, there may be different rules regarding disembarking at your first port.

Yes, you have to arrange in advance, and it may require additional visas (though don't think so for US citizen), but it requires you to actually clear into France, and then clear out of Belgium, rather than the temporary clearance given to cruise ship passengers in transit. This requires the customs and immigration officials to do more than normal, so they have to be made aware in advance.

The only possible problem I see, is that you are going from Le Havre to Paris, which is between two French ports, which by EU law is restricted to ships flagged in the EU. Not sure how they interpret the definition of "voyage", like the US does, so the fact that you are boarding in US could mitigate any cabotage problems in France.