Hampton Inn Airport/Cruise Port South FLL

andymattmom

I did a search and saw nothing on this hotel. We have a one night pre-cruise reservation in January. We have a great rate of $159 when all other hotels (this one included are now well over $300).

I have read mixed reviews on trip advisor. Has anyone stayed here? Experience? I know people recommend Embassy Suites and others and I keep checking but rates are high (we are there January 1-2 so I think that factors in). I don't have trouble paying more, but don't want to go into the $350 or so range.

I stayed there in March. It was fine. It is next to a large strip mall with lots of stores and a number of restaurants. Only about 10 minutes to the Port. Your rate is excellent given the time of year. I would stay put.

I stayed there in March. It was fine. It is next to a large strip mall with lots of stores and a number of restaurants. Only about 10 minutes to the Port. Your rate is excellent given the time of year. I would stay put.

Thanks, appreciate an actual cruiser who has stayed there answering. I really didn't want to up the budget because I know rate is good (thank the hubby and government rate for that!).

Cruisers stay there all the time. CC search function is awful so it's no wonder you couldn't find anything.

Taxi will be less than $25.

THANKS! I do usually try and search prior to posting a question. I didn't see anything all it would pull up was the top 15 hotels or something. :)

If you put a high value on privacy, ask for a room that doesn't face the Quality Inn next door. Rooms at that property are accessed through an outdoor walkway and you have to keep your drapes closed if your room faces that walkway or else anyone can see in (at least on the lower floor where I once stayed).

If you put a high value on privacy, ask for a room that doesn't face the Quality Inn next door. Rooms at that property are accessed through an outdoor walkway and you have to keep your drapes closed if your room faces that walkway or else anyone can see in (at least on the lower floor where I once stayed).

Thanks for the advice!

We are staying in Hampton Inn Planation. It is $189 for 3 people with parking, breakfast and trip to port. We have to get taxi back. But for us, should be only around $25. They are only 8 miles away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are staying in Hampton Inn Planation. It is $189 for 3 people with parking, breakfast and trip to port. We have to get taxi back. But for us, should be only around $25. They are only 8 miles away.

Taxi from port to Hampton Inn Plantation will cost closer to $33 (plus tip). Be prepared with cash because the taxi drivers usually tell you when you arrive at your destination that the CC machine isn't working, even if they tell you it is when you get in the car.

Taxi from port to Hampton Inn Plantation will cost closer to $33 (plus tip). Be prepared with cash because the taxi drivers usually tell you when you arrive at your destination that the CC machine isn't working, even if they tell you it is when you get in the car.

Thanks for the input! I prefer taking the taxi from ship to parked car, so we don't have to wait for a group to load up. For 3 of us the price is fine. Anyone ever stay at this hotel!?

HI

We stayed at this hotel in July. It is fine for a one night cruise stop-over. There is construction going on - an extensive remodel going on - but it did not bother us. breakfast included + McDonalds & Taco Bell next door. We actually walked down the road (1/2 mile) to the best diner - Robert's Restaurant!! I wouldnt stay at this Hampton for a week - but for the that price - one night is great!!!!

HI

We stayed at this hotel in July. It is fine for a one night cruise stop-over. There is construction going on - an extensive remodel going on - but it did not bother us. breakfast included + McDonalds & Taco Bell next door. We actually walked down the road (1/2 mile) to the best diner - Robert's Restaurant!! I wouldnt stay at this Hampton for a week - but for the that price - one night is great!!!!

Thanks so much. We'll take you up on Roberts restaurant!