Luggage Forward, Luggage Free, etc. from Cape Liberty home

MKESail

We are sailing on Anthem this coming New Years and on the way back we wanted to do a Shore Excursion that would drop us off at Newark but it is kinda tight time-wise. The RCI rep said we should still be ok but I want to at least eliminate the luggage check-in step to save us some time before the flight. Has anyone used any of those services post-cruise? How does the whole pick up work? I mean you go through customs, get your luggage, then what? And since there is an excursion scheduled I guess it all has to happen BEFORE we are on the bus. We normally use luggage valet but Cape Liberty does not have it, so I am trying to find an alternative. :confused:

Anyone has any experience with this?

• 4 weeks later...

sorry this is so late, hope you figured it out - it would not help. you would still have to get your luggage and hand it over to their rep. Too time consuming.

If it is a cruise excursion, they will let you off the ship in time to make your tour.

When we cruise out of FL, they offer a luggage valet for flight leaving past 1pm. The luggage is delivered from the ship directly to a participating airline.

Can't remember the cost and don't know if it is offered at Cape Liberty.

Yes, luggage valet would be perfect but it is not offered in Cape Liberty. We just got back home yesterday and I did end up going with Luggage Forward and was very very glad I did. Their guy met us outside after we got done with customs, we gave him the suitcase and went off on our excursion. When we got dropped off at Newark afterward - the airport was crazy busy, I even got an email saying I should be there earlier then usual, because they had longer lines and all. So I was very very happy that we didn't have to wait in yet another line to check our suitcase in, but went right to security instead.