Hotel in Galveston through Priceline

MERCE4

We are Hilton Honors members, and usually stay at the Hampton Inn in Galveston. Our experience is that they raise the price on pre-cruise nights, though.

Yesterday I tried the Priceline "name your own price" and got the Sheraton Four Points on the seawall for $72 for our one night stay pre-cruise for January 2016. I checked the Sheraton website after, and we could have booked directly through them with an AARP rate of $152. We saved enough to pay for our cruise parking at ParkNCruise. Just thought I'd pass this along in case anyone else is shopping hotels. FWIW-I tried 4 star, then 3.5 star, then 3 star before I got a "taker" on the $72 rate. Not bad for the Sheraton, I think.

Annette

And, as a bonus, the Four Points is a nice little hotel on the seawall. Not extra fancy, but clean, with polite staff and a convenient location. Although they do have a nice little bar (if you're looking for a bite to eat or a cocktail) you can walk just a couple of blocks to the Hotel Galvez to their much nicer bar and lobby.

The Galvez lobby bar is a really nice place to spend a couple of hours, and they have a piano player in the lobby on weekend evenings.

In addition to the Galvez, there are several restaurants within walking distance of the Four Points.

We are Hilton Honors members, and usually stay at the Hampton Inn in Galveston. Our experience is that they raise the price on pre-cruise nights, though.

Yesterday I tried the Priceline "name your own price" and got the Sheraton Four Points on the seawall for $72 for our one night stay pre-cruise for January 2016. I checked the Sheraton website after, and we could have booked directly through them with an AARP rate of $152. We saved enough to pay for our cruise parking at ParkNCruise. Just thought I'd pass this along in case anyone else is shopping hotels. FWIW-I tried 4 star, then 3.5 star, then 3 star before I got a "taker" on the $72 rate. Not bad for the Sheraton, I think.

Annette

Great info, super bargain for the area, thanks for info

• 3 weeks later...