Tea and Coffee

tinkertwo

Are tea and coffee, not specialty, free or do you purchase them as part of the drink package?

No extra charge for: tap water, coffee, hot tea, iced tea, lemonade, milk, and juices with breakfast.

Edited by clarea

thank you. are there many places to get a tea in the afternoon? do you pick a tea bag and make your own or is it pre made?

Usually, but the venue depends on the ship. Iced tea is pre-made, but you make your own hot tea. Do you have a ship in mind?

Usually, but the venue depends on the ship. Iced tea is pre-made, but you make your own hot tea. Do you have a ship in mind?

oasis. my son is thinking of coming with us and since he only drinks tea he was wondering if he needed a drink package.

oasis. my son is thinking of coming with us and since he only drinks tea he was wondering if he needed a drink package.

Oasis has the Cafe Promenade on deck 5 open virtually 24 hours. Coffee and hot tea will be available all the time. Oasis also has Sorrento's also on deck 5 which had iced tea available on our cruise this past September.

Edited by clarea

Many of us tea drinkers don't think too much of the brand RCI uses for its complimentary tea (a rather weak organic brand).

I bring my own teabags with me so I have the kind I like. Some people bring a thermal mug to brew and "carry out" from the Café Promenade. You can also brew double-strength tea and get a glass of ice from the counter staff to make your own iced tea.

In the main dining room, you can request a pot of hot water to make tea at any meal.

Many of us tea drinkers don't think too much of the brand RCI uses for its complimentary tea (a rather weak organic brand).

I agree with this. When I forget to bring my own tea, I have to use two of Royal's teabags to get any sort of taste out of it.

I bring my own travel coffee mug that has a handle.

Its bigger than the cups they have at the coffee station and has a handle which means I can carry more than one.

You aren't allowed to put your mug under the coffee urn spout, to prevent cross contamination. I just use the provided cups and pour the coffee into my mug.

Have a fun cruise!