12 Apostles Tour From Melbourne?

Kartgv

• 2 months later...
Just thought I would let you guys know they found some more there are actually 17 but some of those are under water was in yesterday's herald sun newspaper:)

Yes, another media mistake.

Now that they have found the 5 underwater ones, there truly is 12 Apostles.:D

I have done a similar tour to Great Ocean Road from Melbourne on Celebrity Solstice in 2013. I would recommend it. It was a long bus journey but none the less I feel that I saw the sights that were a must see in the area from the 12 apostles to Apollo Bay and Loch Ard Gorge. Probably a few other places.

We were in Melbourne before our Golden Princess cruise to New Zealand and booked the "summer special" with Escape Discovery Adventures. Digga was our friendly, fun and knowledgable driver/guide and he showed up at our hotel on time in a comfortable 11 seater Mercedes tour bus .The Summer Special runs backwards to most of the tours, so we started with the Serendip Sanctuary, drove to Port Campbell, had lunch after getting our first taste of the 12 Apostles and then drove back along the GOR. The tour was exactly as described on their website and our small group of strangers were happy tourists, avoiding what I understand can be a very crowded area by getting everywhere before the big buses.

Prior to the tour, we had great communication with Paul regarding booking, pick up time and location. It is however a very long day and likely even better if you can spread the adventure over two days. That just wasn't an option for us so this was a way to se a "not to be missed" attraction! I see they have a cruise ship excursion on the website and would be very comfortable recommending this tour company if you're wanting to see the GOR.

Cheryl

Edited by crafter188