14mo on ncl Getaway next year

alyssthebeast

So we just booked the getaway for thanksgiving week next year. We are very excited and will be the first cruise with our baby! He will be 14 months old when we sail. We have been on getaway before (pre baby) and loved it. Any suggestions for bringing the baby? Any "must haves"? Any suggested excursions? Thanks in advance!

Make sure to pack any and all baby "meds"...just in case! The ship doesn't sell pediatric meds! (or other "baby specific" items!)

Bring a stroller. And, a blow up tub...useful for bathing in a shower, or splashing on the pool deck.

So we just booked the getaway for thanksgiving week next year. We are very excited and will be the first cruise with our baby! He will be 14 months old when we sail. We have been on getaway before (pre baby) and loved it. Any suggestions for bringing the baby? Any "must haves"? Any suggested excursions? Thanks in advance!

Disposable bibs and stick on disposable place mats. Sippy or straw cups and toddler eating utensils.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Belize has an outstanding small zoo, which my husband and I really enjoyed even pre-kids.

In Roatan, Bodden tours can take you around the island and will bring you anywhere you want to go http://boddentours.com. The owner has a lot of animals you can pet in his backyard, and you can go in a cage and feed monkeys. There is also an iguana farm.

Also, on Princess and HAL, room service will bring you warm milk at night. You should also get yoghurt and cereal and fruit from the buffet to store in your room so you always have something on hand to feed your child. Although yoghurt was not out at lunch or dinner time, the employees usually are willing to get it from the fridge at the buffet. We also brought a bunch of cereals with us on excursions, and whenever our son got whiny we'd let him choose another cereal and he was happy again.

We found having a stroller useful to get around the ship when our child was small, and just recommend you check for room service carts before you start going since you might have to go around a different way to get to the elevators since you can't pass them in the hallways.

Edited by kitkat343

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going in September on the same itinerary with a 6 month old!

Figure Harvest Caye will be a beach day, but undecided on Roatan / Costa Maya / Cozumel. Will be watching this thread as well!

Sorry - I forgot in Costa Maya we enjoyed the Mayan Experience tour with Native Choice (my son was 3, so a little bigger). The ruins were flat enough to use a stroller, and the authentic Mayan meal was excellent, and my son really loved making tortillas. He was able to climb some of the ruins, which he really loved. https://www.thenativechoice.com/tours/mayan-experience-tour

The only downside was the office was a long walk from the pier. They do recommend taking a cab if you have mobility issues, but there were no cabs in port when we disembarked. So just be prepared for this slight issue, but the tour itself was outstanding.

Edited by kitkat343