Warning - Pride 4k cabins!

vlynn

Received confirmation from someone on board the Pride right now that the 4k balcony doors no longer open. :eek:

I know that was a main reason we booked these cabins. Not sure if this is true on the other Spirit class ships. Just a heads up to anyone thinking about booking them. It is still nice to have a large window for less then an OV but no longer will you get fresh air.

I have been on the Pride twice with 4k cabins, one in October 2013 and one that I returned from last month. Both cabins I was able to easily open the outside door. No screw was in place. I wonder if there is some type of mechanism that they use for windy conditions? Not sure, but I didn't have any problems opening the door on either of my 4k cabin cruises.

Update: The individual was told if it isn't too windy they may be able to open it for her. They are kept closed by a screw in the bottom of the door. Hmmmm.... I have a screwdriver..:D

When you return in February please come back here and let us know if the doors in your cabins opened or were opened by a crew member or if you had to use your own screwdriver, was it Philips or flat head and the size driver needed. Thanks! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is a state room with french doors opening to the outside. The doors usually can be opened but there is a rail across preventing anyone from stepping out. There is a catwalk outside for crew members. Most of the rooms are blocked by a lifeboat. The charge for the stateroom is like and interior, but you have the doors that open allowing fresh air in.

So the view is blocked by lifeboats at your door?

I'm not familiar with these, are they on any other ships?

On all Spirit class ships. You can google and get lots of images. I have been in 4123 (Legend) and friends in 4122. Those were between lifeboats, and had a bit better view.

Edited by crzndeb

We were in a 4K on the Pride last October. Our room was between lifeboats. We had a small view of the water. The advantage was not only could you open the door a foot or so for fresh air, but there was natural light. And best of all, the room is the same size as a regular balcony room, couch and all.

We were in a 4K on the Pride last October. Our room was between lifeboats. We had a small view of the water. The advantage was not only could you open the door a foot or so for fresh air, but there was natural light. And best of all, the room is the same size as a regular balcony room, couch and all.
What room were you in? Anyone else stayed in a 4K on the Pride and know which rooms are between lifeboats? Edited by pantherpaw

Anyone else stayed in a 4K on the Pride and know which rooms are between lifeboats?

Stayed on her sister the Legend (exactly the same) twice n 4k between lifeboats and all rooms

between lifeboats are on main deck (4) and are the 4K category next to a upright rectangular oblong instead of the oval shapes.

4149, 4148,4141, 4122 , 4123 are good examples.

carnival_legend_deckplan_04.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Any update on the Pride 4K French doors? Leaving in 40 days on the Pride in one of these cabins. Do I need to bring a screwdriver? If so do I need Phillips or flathead?

Thanks!

Cheers.

Jeff aka Recovery Dude :)

I'd love to know too, leaving in 34 days ;)

Edited by missmalvt