Advice for First Time GALVESTON Cruiser

drychi

My wife and I, along with my wife's first cousin, will be going on Liberty of the Seas on January 3, 2016. My wife and I are in our 60s and our travelling companion is in her mid-70s. We are in reasonably good health for our age. Transportation to and from Houston will be provided by a family member who is familiar with the Houston/Galveston area, but not necessarily the current port area.

Any tips and considerations anyone would like to share to make our boarding and disembarkation smoother would be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

As far as approaching the cruise terminal, we found it is better to stay on I45 and don't get off at the first sign to the cruise terminals. Stay on I45 into town and it turns into Broadway. Then turn left on 22nd street to get to the cruise terminals.

What they said, it is best to not take Harborside drive as it backs up near the cruise terminal with everyone trying to make a left into the luggage and passenger drop off, instead take Broadway / Hwy 87 overshoot the terminal by few blocks, then approach the terminal on Harborside Drive going west so you have a right turn into the drop off. I would suggest 14th street as it has a light at the intersection with Harborside and no cross traffic coming out like 20th street has, also 20th does not go all the way through to Broadway as you would have to zig zag around a closed off bock of the street.