HAL 5 Star Catamaran & Turtles for Seniors

Tom O.

We are looking at this tour, but concerned that we may not be fit enough for the snorkeling part of it. We are two seniors, but we have no serious health problems. But we both have knee issues. We both are rather slow going upstairs.

Once we are in the water we should be fine, but we are concerned about climbing out on a ladder, or whatever they use. A ladder would be difficult.

Anyone remember what they use to get you back in the boat?

Anyone have any suggestions?

I believe they make you wear a life vest for the snorkeling. Is this correct? We should be wearing life vests, I believe.

First question from me, what do you mean with HAL??? Is that a Company? But back to Cat tours. I would suggest a tour with a Company that only takes 12 to 15 People. The Crew is always attentive. No one has to wear vests. They are always available, as also the snorkeling Equipment. They also have noodles. Most Cats have ladders. I haven't seen any with anything else. No one will rush you. And you don't have to use fins if you don't want. somethimes they are hard to use.

HAL refers to Holland America Lines. This is a ship excursion, but they simply hire one of the many local catamaran companies. Going through the cruise line is more expensive than booking it ourselves, but it eliminates some stress.

And because the cruise line is very concerned about liability, I have heard they usually require life vests for excursions such at this.

I don't know how many people are on the catamaran, that may be difficult for me to find out, unless I can find someone who has actually been on the tour. I can try calling the cruise line, but I wouldn't trust the answer I got from someone sitting at a desk in Seattle, and had probably never been to the Caribbean.

Believe me, they will never say who the Agentur is. I would book privately with, Calabaza, Silvermoon or Eleganz. All....PERFECT. All experienced with Seniors - I am 66 hoping to become a healthy 67'er. My Hubby is 70. Snorkel, snorkel, snorkel...Nothing better for the bones and Joints. The cruise lines usually use a larger vessel - Jammin, etc. They take from 30 to 40. They have to!!!

OK, enjoy Barbados!!!