Just off Liberty of the Seas

This is all great to hear...we took Liberty out on her Pre inaug in 2007 and again in Sept. that year, and again in 2010. April we will do her again after rehab and we are so excited about the new features she is supposed to have as I finally talked all my family into going to help us celebrate our 20th Anni and I sure want it to be a good trip. Hope the food prep does not change and that the Beatle show is still on, love that one.

Thanks for the great review!

BTW I show up for the ice show around 45 mins. early and have gotten front row center every time. I just sit down in front of the doors and wait. Be prepared for a crush if you show up late.:o

IIRC, the Liberty has a framed letter from CC which you wrote.

Oct 30. Halloween cruise. Are you on that one?

No, we are doing Oct. 9th and Oct. 16th.

Any number of 1st for us.

first b2b

first time on Liberty

first time on anything bigger than Explorer

first time out of Galveston - we live in Oklahoma and so are driving to Galveston

Enjoy your cruise

It catches my eye every time we walk by it. Which is pretty often when we are on the ship.

Ha! LOL I suppose I will have to take my whole party around and stand there like village idiots to see it when we go in April!:p

party-067.gif

Edited by BecciBoo

Thanks for taking the time do this review. I will be cruising on Royal for the fist time on the Liberty. I am trying to read everything I can about the line and this ship. I really enjoyed your comments.

Please let me know if you have specific questions. I'll do my best to answer!:)

Thanks for posting the review of LOS. We've been on her sister ships, Navigator and Freedom and they are our FAVORITES. We will be on LOS in July and can't wait, although our itinerary will be different. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I agree with you on the pizza...but then I'm not a fan of the NY pizza. We travel as a family so we are looking at private excursions too. I'm already excited and planning.

I thought formal nights were always on Monday and Friday, but ours ended up being Monday (Day 2) and Thursday (Day 5).

Looking forward to our November 27 sailing. Do you know if there will be a Mystery Dinner? Did you notice any crafting activities?

Looking forward to our November 27 sailing. Do you know if there will be a Mystery Dinner? Did you notice any crafting activities?

There was a mystery dinner this time around, so I imagine it will be available next year as well.

There were the usual towel and napkin folding activities. The cupcake class was a ton of fun! Well worth the $22 charge in my opinion. Even my husband and father enjoyed it! You can book them through the Cruise Planner or wait to book it while onboard.

$22 for a Cupcake class? What do you get for that? Since I am going with a group of women celebrating birthday that might be fun but $22 seems excessive.

They set you up with all the ingredients and tools and have a pastry chef that teaches you how to create really cute cupcakes step by step. We made a Santa and Christmas Tree, but some other groups made Shrek and Fiona, puppies, hamburgers with French fries! We all live far apart so doing this at home may have been cheaper, but wasn't a choice. We shared a lot of laughs, so it seemed worth it to us.

Edited by RCAlltheWay

On day 6, I saw that they did offer the 10 drink coupons for $67 and the rest of my group said they saw the offer the day prior too. I would have bought that one had I seen it the day before, but I knew I wouldn’t be drinking heavily that last night, so I passed. I really wish that was something they offered at the beginning of the cruise.

So the 10-drink coupons are something they're offering late in the cruise? Hmm. Sounds like it's meant to target the people who didn't buy a drink package ... and sort of wish they had. Or the people who are nearing the end of their beverage budget, and RC doesn't want them to quit. I'm trying to see the business motivation here.

What if you were doing a back-to-back cruise? Could you buy the drink coupons at the end of Week 1 ... and continue to use them in Week 2?

So the 10-drink coupons are something they're offering late in the cruise? Hmm. Sounds like it's meant to target the people who didn't buy a drink package ... and sort of wish they had. Or the people who are nearing the end of their beverage budget, and RC doesn't want them to quit. I'm trying to see the business motivation here.

What if you were doing a back-to-back cruise? Could you buy the drink coupons at the end of Week 1 ... and continue to use them in Week 2?

Another commenter said that the same promotion was offered on Day 2 of their cruise! As for your question, I have no clue on whether or not it could cross over on a B2B, sorry!

Another commenter said that the same promotion was offered on Day 2 of their cruise! As for your question, I have no clue on whether or not it could cross over on a B2B, sorry!

I doubt that they can be carried over. The purchase of the card is entered in the computer. Then each drink is entered as you use the card. Since all accounts are closed out at the end of each cruise, the purchase wouldn't show up on the second cruise.

Edited by ARCruisinNana