? if change from inside to balcony cabin on same sailing

moki'smommy

We have 2 cruises identified that we would like to do and both are included in the new sale at a discount from the current prices. However, we need an HA cabin, and these are only available as inside cabins currently (we would prefer a balcony). IF a balcony becomes available later, are we able to move up and keep the benefits of the current sale or is it essentially a new booking?

Trying to decide whether to book an inside now (thus at least securing a cabin) or wait and hope for a balcony.

We have 2 cruises identified that we would like to do and both are included in the new sale at a discount from the current prices. However' date=' we need an HA cabin, and these are only available as inside cabins currently (we would prefer a balcony). IF a balcony becomes available later, are we able to move up and keep the benefits of the current sale or is it essentially a new booking?

Trying to decide whether to book an inside now (thus at least securing a cabin) or wait and hope for a balcony.[/quote']

Probably will be priced to the current price . Perks might be lost.

Generally, every sale/promo/discount offer both applies to new bookings only and applies only if your current booking remains the same. So, changing to a new cabin, even despite being an upgrade, would qualify as a new booking and would potentially lose you any extras you had associated with the original booking. On the other hand, you'd qualify for whatever current sale goodies were on offer when you switched to the new cabin, so there's that.

I think it comes down to, in your situation, deciding what's more important: the balcony or the current sale perks. And deciding if, when the rubber meets the road (the keep meets the water?), you can actually be willing to sail in that inside. If you can't envision doing an interior cabin, then I see no sense in holding rooms you know you won't use, no matter how great the sale incentives are.

Good points--thanks.

The reason for the question was that on another line, if you book a cabin you have locked into the pricing that was available on that day. You can later upgrade or downgrade the cabin and still keep the pricing/perks that were available on that day that you booked (obviously, the price in effect for the new cabin on that day). I figured Princess didn't do that, but was worth asking.

Looks like a family conference--would we sail in an inside if the balcony doesn't open up?

Generally, every sale/promo/discount offer both applies to new bookings only and applies only if your current booking remains the same. So, changing to a new cabin, even despite being an upgrade, would qualify as a new booking and would potentially lose you any extras you had associated with the original booking. On the other hand, you'd qualify for whatever current sale goodies were on offer when you switched to the new cabin, so there's that.

I think it comes down to, in your situation, deciding what's more important: the balcony or the current sale perks. And deciding if, when the rubber meets the road (the keep meets the water?), you can actually be willing to sail in that inside. If you can't envision doing an interior cabin, then I see no sense in holding rooms you know you won't use, no matter how great the sale incentives are.

Do you know if you can upgrade to a 'Drop & Go' deal (I think that's the term!) if you have a cabin booked under a regular promotion?

We want to sail on the May 8 British Isles cruise. When I was watching the prices last year, the BI cruises seemed to drop in price after final payment which makes it appealing to wait. However, that is a bit of a gamble since it might not be the same this year.

I am thinking of booking inside cabins on the upcoming sale, and wondered if we could later upgrade to ocean view or balcony if a good price on Drop & Go is offered later? Or does it actually need to be a new booking to get that rate, even on a different cabin type?

Thanks in advance, we have sailed quite a few times, but this will be the first with Princess so I don't know all the ins and outs about the rates/sales!

Jenn

Do you know if you can upgrade to a 'Drop & Go' deal (I think that's the term!) if you have a cabin booked under a regular promotion?

We want to sail on the May 8 British Isles cruise. When I was watching the prices last year, the BI cruises seemed to drop in price after final payment which makes it appealing to wait. However, that is a bit of a gamble since it might not be the same this year.

I am thinking of booking inside cabins on the upcoming sale, and wondered if we could later upgrade to ocean view or balcony if a good price on Drop & Go is offered later? Or does it actually need to be a new booking to get that rate, even on a different cabin type?

Thanks in advance, we have sailed quite a few times, but this will be the first with Princess so I don't know all the ins and outs about the rates/sales!

Jenn

Drop and go sales are for new bookings only most of the time. Those are usually past final payment so you'd lose your deposit.

Drop and go sales are for new bookings only most of the time. Those are usually past final payment so you'd lose your deposit.

Thanks ... That's kind of what I thought, but was hoping to have the best of both worlds, haha!

Will wait it out a couple more months! Judging by the number of sale emails I got last year for the BI cruise in the winter, fingers crossed we will snag as deal! :)

Thanks ... That's kind of what I thought, but was hoping to have the best of both worlds, haha!

Will wait it out a couple more months! Judging by the number of sale emails I got last year for the BI cruise in the winter, fingers crossed we will snag as deal! :)

Possibly the best course, for a lot of the regular cruises, the prices tend to rise and rise and then close to or post final payment start to drop again.