Premium Drinks Package

MONKEY20

Could anyone tell me what drinks are included in The Premium drinks package which NCCL are offering on new bookings. Is it different from the Ultimate beverage package UBP.

I am looking to try an NCCL cruise, I normally cruise with Royal Caribbean.

Ian

They are currently offering the Ultimate Beverage Package (but be sure to check the promotional terms before you book anything, because it is not offered for all new bookings).

Where did you see the reference to a "Premium Drinks Package"? Was it in official NCL marketing material, or something from a TA?

The offer is on the UK web site for NCCL. You have four choices and can chose one or if you book a suit you can have all 4.

Ian

The offer is;

OUR GIFT TO YOU.

1st December to 3rd January

Choose one of our complimentary offers.

FREE Speciality Dinning Package - Enjoy our signature speciality restaurants on selected nights.

FREE Premium Drinks Package - Complimentary drinks ship-wide and all cruise long.

FREE Internet Package - 250 mins of Wi-Fi

FREE Spending money - $100 per stateroom to spend as you want.

For all cruises 5 nights or longer and at least 30 days in advance.

Ian

It includes drinks priced at $15 or less. If it is more than $15 you just pay the difference. There are a few exceptions: no specialty coffee, beer buckets, bottles of wine, bottled water, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Moby0215

Also be aware that you might have to pay a charge based on the number of days of your cruise (service charge). For our 10-day it is $115.30 pp.

That hasn't been the case previously for UK bookings. I haven't heard anything to suggest that this has changed recently (although it is possible).

Also be aware that you might have to pay a charge based on the number of days of your cruise (service charge). For our 10-day it is $115.30 pp.
The UK terms and conditions still say "Ultimate beverage package option includes 18% gratuity on the package" (same for the soda package and specialty dining package options). For such a perfidious nation they have a charmingly naive understanding of the words "free" and "gift". :p

If it were me, I'd check to make sure that isn't for the pay yourself package and not the "free" promo. Just being cautious since the extra charge for us is due at final payment.

The terms stated above your post are from the free offer.

Edited by KeithJenner

The beverage package might sound like a good deal, but probably is not when you add the surcharge. We got it on our last cruise on the Dawn as part of a large group booking.

One of the people signed up independently and said he was considering it on his next cruise and asked me to keep track of drinks so he could see if it I thought it worthwhile. I consumed almost 35 mixed drinks. I seemed to be drinking constantly. Days in port I drank there so I did not drink as much on the ship.

Add the surcharge and the program is just too expensive.

The beverage package might sound like a good deal, but probably is not when you add the surcharge.

Whether the package is worth it or not is really an individual thing, and takes into account a whole load of factors that makes it not worth it for some and very worth it for others. It is certainly well worth it for many people.

Having said that, this discussion is related to getting it included, so the only way it isn't worth it then is if another one of the options gives better value. Just one or two drinks a day is generally enough for that.

The beverage package might sound like a good deal, but probably is not when you add the surcharge.

Add the surcharge and the program is just too expensive.

Huh? We're talking $12 a day or so, right?? I am no heavy drinker, but I'll have a drink at the pool at lunch, a cocktail before dinner and probably a glass of wine at dinner. Often a nightcap after the show.

I can't understand how $12 seems "too expensive" given that some cocktails price out at $12.

The UK terms and conditions still say "Ultimate beverage package option includes 18% gratuity on the package" (same for the soda package and specialty dining package options). For such a perfidious nation they have a charmingly naive understanding of the words "free" and "gift". :p

The package is 'free' in as much as there is no extra 18% added (NCL would be in deep in the brown stuff in UK if they played that silly game!:eek:).

Whether it is 'free', taking into account the overall fare pricing, is quite another matter entirely...:rolleyes: (Hint - generally it is not).

Huh? We're talking $12 a day or so, right?? I am no heavy drinker, but I'll have a drink at the pool at lunch, a cocktail before dinner and probably a glass of wine at dinner. Often a nightcap after the show.

I can't understand how $12 seems "too expensive" given that some cocktails price out at $12.

I think the poster you are quoting didn't realise that we are talking about a deal, and is saying that the 18% on top of the cost of the package cost makes it not worth it.

They say they had 35 drinks, which would certainly cost more than the 18%.