wheelchair embarkation

hollyjess

If you are embarking at Southampton wheelchair passengers have priority embarkation and embarkation assistance. They need to know of your situation and therefore the best policy I feel would be to phone P&O at Carnival House Southampton and ask to speak to the mobility section. They will be able to advise on all the logistics and what special arrangements happen. Things are made easier at the quayside but they need to know you are coming and when.

Regards John

If you are embarking at Southampton wheelchair passengers have priority embarkation and embarkation assistance. They need to know of your situation and therefore the best policy I feel would be to phone P&O at Carnival House Southampton and ask to speak to the mobility section. They will be able to advise on all the logistics and what special arrangements happen. Things are made easier at the quayside but they need to know you are coming and when.

Regards John

Good advice....but I understood that under the new system such passengers would still have an embarkation time and would then be prioritised at that time. If all passengers needing assistance all turn up at the same time choas would reign. There is information on the help and advice section of P & O's website under "Accessability".

As an aside,although not wishing to pry, does your hubby use his wheelchair full time? It might be worthwhile checking with P & O that the allocated cabin is suitable for him?

Have a wonderful cruise. Wish I was going!

I have boarded three cruises since the new embarkation process has taken place and surprisingly despite turning up early each time I have got on quicker than most. They seem to be imposing the times but are not very strict. The worst I have experienced is waiting twenty minutes, being next letter due to check in and a coach/es arrives with about a hundred people on increasing my wait time. Wheelchair passengers who require pushing need to have one of the assistance guys to do so. Not sure if these guys are on a timetable but they seem to press on as soon as they have a customer and transit through the suites passenger check in then on to security. I should be phoning P&O and asking the precise logistics of these guys: what time do they start assisting? Do you need a specific appointment time with them? Is it straight forward? So what exactly happens nowadays? etc. The people in wheelchairs seem to whizz straight past me and rightly so along with the rest of their party.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

I have boarded three cruises since the new embarkation process has taken place and surprisingly despite turning up early each time I have got on quicker than most. They seem to be imposing the times but are not very strict. The worst I have experienced is waiting twenty minutes, being next letter due to check in and a coach/es arrives with about a hundred people on increasing my wait time. Wheelchair passengers who require pushing need to have one of the assistance guys to do so. Not sure if these guys are on a timetable but they seem to press on as soon as they have a customer and transit through the suites passenger check in then on to security. I should be phoning P&O and asking the precise logistics of these guys: what time do they start assisting? Do you need a specific appointment time with them? Is it straight forward? So what exactly happens nowadays? etc. The people in wheelchairs seem to whizz straight past me and rightly so along with the rest of their party.

Regards John

This is where it was supposed to go.

John,

Well with me using a mobility scooter, my cabin type and my Peninsular standing I have so much priority they take us out to Nabs head when the ship comes in to port, with the pilot. :) :) :) :)

Dai