Journey of a Lifetime - 11 Night Sunshine November 2015

vamartha

Ok, the Journey’s part! I was pretty lazy on this cruise and went into port every day except for St. Lucia and every port day except one was NINE hours long! So I didn’t do a lot of ship things! All the employee are wearing special Journey’s pins, I wanted one of those! I did go the Q&A with John Heald. The Midnight Gala Buffet is every bit as marvelous and spectacular as you remember! Oh, my! What a spread and absolutely beautiful! You’ll have to pardon my pics, I didn’t make it on time for the photo session and so I was balancing a plate and the camera at the same time and trying to take in the moment too! And you know, beyond that I didn’t really see too many differences. I didn’t go the frog races or the knobby knees contest, mostly hung out on the upper deck, around the corner from the view of the Lido deck. Lobster and shrimp two nights – that was a big plus! I’m sure someone like NCTribefan will have more Journey’s info. I was just worn out most nights by the extensive ports and didn’t spend as much time out and about on the ship.

20151201_201518-L.jpg

20151201_231249-L.jpg

20151201_231304-L.jpg

20151201_231332-L.jpg

20151201_231354-L.jpg

20151201_231410-L.jpg

St. Croix! What a life! We went to Rhythms at Rainbow Beach! A whopping $6 shuttle ride round trip! What a deal! Just a great day! Jimmy Buffet playing on the sound system, the best food and drinks we’d had in the past 11 days, the most wonderful sugary white sand, a sorta-kinda-once-you-get-over-the-rocks nice and sloping, warm and gentle water. What else could you ask for? Spent the whole day here, floating in and out, drinking and enjoying the jams, just a great day! We aren’t usually beach day people but this place could change my mind!

20151208_103139-L.jpg

20151208_102928-L.jpg

20151208_135249-L.jpg

20151208_115924-L.jpg

Most of the people you see in the group in the water are standing up.

20151208_113254-L.jpg

20151208_122815-L.jpg

GREAT review. We are doing the Pride Journeys cruise in March-14 days and to islands we have never been to, so I am excited. One is Dominica, another Antiqua...I have to start doing some research!!! :eek: Interesting pronunciation of Dominica. Who woulda thunk? :confused:

Beautiful pics! The Midnight buffet was beautiful too! I remember going once when it was only picture time and I saw the most yummy looking deviled eggs right in front. Man, did I want to just grab one! The picture time lasting so long I got tired and went to bed and never got anything to eat.

Is smoking allowed on port deck 3? That's what Carnival's pdf for each ship says. There was supposed to be but I never could find it!

Who was vendor in St. Thomas?

We just walked off the ship and some guy approached us near the middle of Havensight shopping area. I had his card, I'll see if I can find it.

We take a cruise every 90 days and I want to thank you for the inspiration to get off of our duff's, get on a open air vehicle and see the sights again. My wife rarely gets off the boat ("I've seen 'it' before"!) But your pictures are beautiful enough to get us back on the trails again. Thanks for the review and to all of the other CC reviewers as well!

We are doing the 10 day out of Charleston in May.. I told my DD today that we are booking our excursions port side!! I will research each port to have an idea of what we want to see and have that to negotiate our tours. I will have to check but I think most ports have regulated tour operators.

Our last morning we had an invasion overnight! It was the day we visited St. Croix and about 24 hours prior to debarkation! I always love this and I always feel sorry for those who are on lower decks and just get off without coming up to Lido! This is our third cruise with the whole animal farm coming out to greet us!

20151208_085617-L.jpg

20151208_085643-L.jpg

20151208_085658-L.jpg

20151208_085725-L.jpg

20151208_085759-L.jpg

20151208_085812-L.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I love reading your review and was excited to see that you visited 4 out of the 5 ports that I will visit in May on the Sunshine since they are all new ports for me. Excellent tip on the excursions, the best ones I've done in the past were alway doing what you did at each island. I cannot imagine doing 9 ports on a 11 days cruise, that would be too much for me and I'm 36. Lol! I cannot wait to see what the Journey cruise will be like and I love the Sunshine so thanks again for your review.