Quick PAT Question

slightlysilly

If a person doesn't anticipate being at the port until a certain time (like 2 or 2:30) does it make sense to keep their 11:00 PAT time or should I go in an change it to 2pm? I guess my question is, will the 11:00 PAT time open up on the website (for someone else) if I move it to 2:30? Does it matter?

Thanks in advance.

If a person doesn't anticipate being at the port until a certain time (like 2 or 2:30) does it make sense to keep their 11:00 PAT time or should I go in an change it to 2pm? I guess my question is, will the 11:00 PAT time open up on the website (for someone else) if I move it to 2:30? Does it matter?

Thanks in advance.

It's up to you. Yes, a space will open up at the earlier time if you change it. Your actual boarding number you get at check in is tied to the PAT you have (earlier PAT = lower boarding number). You get the same boarding number regardless of when you actually check in at the port.

If you aren't arriving until 2:00, boarding numbers are really irrelevant, as, by then, they've gone to Open Boarding and anyone holding any boarding number may board.

Your call.

Exactly as above.

If you give up your 11:00 PAT and your plans change, you probably won't be able to get it back.

If you give it up, it will show up on line for someone else. If you keep it but don't show up at the terminal till 2:00, one or more of those people who show up early or show up without doing an on line check in will have been able to get into the terminal. So, while giving it up will make someone's day a little brighter in advance, it won't really change much on boarding day.

And, if you don't show up till 2, you will check in and board immediately.