Four star mariners chime in..benefits and etc.

OceanTraveller4ever

Just wondering when getting to a mariner 4 stars. Do you get 50% off on everything, including in room liquor orders. How about extra charges in the PG.

Unlimited laundry, or limited to one tiny bag a day.

How about massages, and products. Heath spa facilities, etc.

Any info from four stars welcomed. Thanks.

Thanks for the post. We will be making 4 star during our cruise next month. I thought the discount was only on wine pkg. Is the laundry benefit like the Neptune suite free laundry service?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for the post. We will be making 4 star during our cruise next month. I thought the discount was only on wine pkg. Is the laundry benefit like the Neptune suite free laundry service?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Free laundry.

Neptune Suites get included dry cleaning but star mariners do not.

Listed below are the perks for 4-Star Mariners. You will see that the only alcohol discounts are on wine packages and mini-bar purchases. We hit 4-Star last week on the first leg of our cruise and enjoyed the Exploration Café discounts, the specialty restaurants surcharge discounts and the UNLIMITED LAUNDRY!!!

You can send out as much laundry as you want -- UNLIMITED -- what a perk! While it is only a $7 per day charge for a 7 day cruise if you have to pay for it, it is a GREAT PERK and we loved it!!!

4-Star Mariner

Collect 200 or more Cruise Day credits and become a 4-Star Mariner, which entitles you to the following benefits:

Complimentary laundry and pressing services*

Priority disembarkation*

Priority tender*

Priority check-in*

A 50% discount on specialty restaurant surcharges, wine packages*, beverages in the Explorations Café* and all mini-bar purchases*

A complimentary wine tasting session

Welcome Back Embarkation Lunch in the dining room (from 12:00pm to 1:30pm) as well as a complimentary Mariner Champagne Brunch

A collectible gift presented to you on board

A 15% discount on Holland America Line logo clothing sold in onboard shops (may exclude already discounted merchandise)

A 15% discount on merchandise from http://www.shophollandamerica.com

Discounts on select spa treatments from the Greenhouse Spa & Salon

Early notification of shore excursions available for prebooking**

A complimentary photo of the ship

A special recognition lapel pin

A complimentary one-year subscription to Travel + Leisure or Food & Wine magazine (one per household)

A free subscription to the print or digital** version of Mariner magazine

An annual cruise planner

Advance notice of new itineraries**

Offers to special sailings hosted by a representative of the Mariner Society

Special offers on select sailings

Waiver of air deviation fees*

Complimentary cruise fare on 3rd/4th guest in your stateroom on select sailings

Edited by ithaca gal
typo

Thanks all for the responses...more clarifications, if I can:

Does that include starching collars...

Do they leave an invitation card in your cabin, or is it left to you to find out when it happens.

How much discount...10% 15% 25% ?

Does anyone have a picture of that pin?

Thanks again for any information....

Mariner star status is a big incentive to stay with HAL, so its good to advertise it so.

Thanks all for the responses...more clarifications, if I can:

Does that include starching collars...

NO IDEA,

Do they leave an invitation card in your cabin, or is it left to you to find out when it happens.

YES, YOU GET AN INVITATION

How much discount...10% 15% 25% ?

NO IDEA

IT LOOKS JUST LIKE THE 3 STAR PIN BUT WITH 4 STARS.

Thanks again for any information....

Mariner star status is a big incentive to stay with HAL, so its good to advertise it so.

Hope this helps.

One we like is the half price special coffees in the Explorations cafe. Only if you use your room key card - it doesn't work if you use a regular beverage card.

Thanks for reminding us that the perks are all embedded in the magnetic strip on the room key card not the purchased cards.

One of the perks listed is a "Welcome Back Embarkation Lunch in the dining room (from 12:00pm to 1:30pm) as well as a complimentary Mariner Champagne Brunch"

From what I have been reading on other posts the Embarkation lunch is now open to everyone. We have been 4 Star for a couple of years and have not seen or gotten an invitation to a "Mariner Champagne Brunch". I guess I will need to ask at the front desk when we board on Jan.

One of the perks listed is a "Welcome Back Embarkation Lunch in the dining room (from 12:00pm to 1:30pm) as well as a complimentary Mariner Champagne Brunch"

From what I have been reading on other posts the Embarkation lunch is now open to everyone. We have been 4 Star for a couple of years and have not seen or gotten an invitation to a "Mariner Champagne Brunch". I guess I will need to ask at the front desk when we board on Jan.

You have never received an invite to the Mariners brunch? Wow, that's odd.

That's the regular Mariner Brunch that is usually/often held toward the end of the cruise.

This is my 3* pin. My new 4* is yellower than this, but I don't know if that's intentional or not ... and of course has 4 stars. (I was 3* the day the program started, so I don't know if there's any color differences from 2* or 1*)

attachment.php?attachmentid=154762&d=1272723046

Edited by jtl513

we will be staying at hotels for 5 days before the cruise and will give them all the dirty clothes when we get on board and anything that needs pressing. Mini bar 1/2 price is good but not enough minis to make a difference. We can get more the next day as well as mixers.

With the laundry package it cuts down on the amount of clothes one needs to have on board. We drove from our home in central Illinois, taking our time, 3 nights/4 days. That was the maximum amount of clothes. We had laundry done on embarkation day. We had them do laundry on the last day and we were ready to go with all but one day's clothes being clean.

They do a wonderful job in the laundry. You want them folded? You got it. You want them on hangers? You got it. I never saw a need for starch, they are ironed in the laundry and there was no need for anything further.

Spa packages are not fixed. They are determined on board for each itinerary. You will need to ask at their reception desk to find out all the correct information.

Jim

The Embarkation Lunch is open to all guests now. It is no longer a 'perk' of being Mariner.

This is my 3* pin. My new 4* is yellower than this, but I don't know if that's intentional or not ... and of course has 4 stars. (I was 3* the day the program started, so I don't know if there's any color differences from 2* or 1*)

attachment.php?attachmentid=154762&d=1272723046

When the Star Mariner Program started we were already 3+ times more than highest level of 4 stars. When they added 5 star, we were already way passed that as well.

Our two pins are slightly different color but I think that only a manufacturing process for these low cost items. I doubt it is intentional for one star level to stand out from another by shade of brass.

Our two pins are slightly different color but I think that only a manufacturing process for these low cost items. I doubt it is intentional for one star level to stand out from another by shade of brass.
I looked on ebay, but there's such a wide variance of photography it's impossible to tell anything! They range from white/silver to orange, and even one purple! No offering shows any two side-by-side.

My four star pin is very much more yellow. :D

I don't even remember what color my five star as I never have worn it.

I much prefer the Medallion Mariner Pins. Much more attractive. I have worn my

Platinum pin on a jacket lapel a few times when on the ship.