Escape & Getaway B2B Photo Review Nov. 28th to Dec. 13, 2015

loupana

Thank you for this great review...Photos are just wow!

I'm going on the getaway in January...

For my information, What's the vibe pass?

The Vibe Beach Club is a private area they sell limited passes for. A single pass is $99 per person. They sell private cabana's as well I'm not sure what they are going for now. I find the pool area very crowded on the Breakaway so I thought I would splurge on the Getaway. This area is just never crowded and guarantees me hot tub (I use that term loosely) access and comfortable loungers, along with a private bar.

Just wanted to Thank everyone...for their "Thank you's" to me. I didn't respond to each like I should have and I really appreciate them.

I can't finish everything off tonight due to DW's work Christmas get together. Will try and wrap things up tomorrow...

I have never used Uber, we are in the UK but coming to Miami next month. How do you go about tipping the driver? Does it have to be in cash?

Hi.I had never used Uber until last weekend when I was in London.It's great and you don't have to worry about money as it comes straight out of your bank.I used it twice and never had a problem with it.The taxi would arrive in 3-4 minutes.The drivers were friendly as well.You don't have to tip them.I'm also going to Miami next month Jan 8th I arrive in Miami.

Thank you for this - we will soon be on the Getaway for our first cruise, and your pics are SO helpful. May seem like an odd question but.....how do the dart boards work in the pub? Is it pay to play? (from a family of "darters"). Cheers

You know I didn't play but I watched people playing and never paid attention to how they started the game. I'm sure it's not free, I know you have to pay for pool and bowling. I'll guess and say you swipe your card, hopefully someone can correct me or confirm this.

That pier in Cozumel looks extremely long do they have any type of shuttle or golf cart that goes back & forth?

I did not see any shuttle or golf cart but there were dozens of rickshaw type bicycles giving rides for tips...

We relaxed in Vibe today, this last sea day was the busiest we've seen it all week, and it was not even half full.

Here are various area's of the ship I don't think I've posted photo's of yet...

Spice H20

23789219216_17410133a8_b.jpg

23447371529_28aee58451_b.jpg

23188517473_d2ac55e43b_b.jpg

23788996846_92cc0a14dd_b.jpg

23815094855_e482e03d95_b.jpg

23788996346_182d86926a_b.jpg

We listened to some piano music before the show in the Atrium

23732936891_11986e7fe6_b.jpg

Had a couple of more, what I like to call "Chocolate Milkshakes"

23815386305_e76088287d_b.jpg

I didn't keep track of how many of those Mudslides I had this week but it was a lot.

Off to Legally Blond, it was funnier than I thought we enjoyed it

Stage setup before the show...

23732936331_d62df5284c_b.jpg

After the show Officers and Crew came onstage to thank us for traveling with Norwegian

23706971992_90d83a871a_b.jpg

Off to the room to finish packing and getting things ready for disembarkation in the morning.

The next morning we got up at 6 AM watched the Carnival Breeze pass by our balcony around 6:30AM

23898963815_1ea2e0c2ca_b.jpg

A light breakfast in the Garden Cafe, then we lined up in O'Sheehan's at around 7:20AM for easy walk off. I believe they started allowing us off around 7:40. It was quick and easy.

Our last look at the Getaway...

23872870086_ac2f92cbe1_b.jpg

We had already book SAS Transportation back to FLL. Wish I went back with Uber. SAS were prompt and courteous, but they cram you in the minivan and I didn't have a seat. I had to lay on the side half leaning on my wife in the very back and stretched out down the right side aisle.

I can't remember the exact time but we were at the FLL airport before 9AM, timing was good but what an uncomfortable ride.

To conclude we had an amazing time, we found service and food in the Main Dining rooms on Getaway better than Escape, but the Escape wins hands down as our favorite NCL ship. They seemed to update the right things such as pool deck, hot tubs on deck 19 for general public.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either ship, but having said that I don't know when we'll sail NCL again. There are just some others I want to try. Our first Carnival Cruise coming up in May on Vista. Would like to try Princess and I'm dying to get on Anthem of the Seas since Quantum is our favorite ship to date. Oops, am I allowed that final statement this is a NCL thread...

Thanks for following...