Booked the Queen Mary

Timsierramist

My first "cruise" before the Cruise!

It's something I've wanted to always do at least once and I'm sure I'll be content. My question is while staying the night, do I have to remain in my room under lock and key or can I actually go up on deck of Casper wakes me up in the middle of the night?

Would be cool to explore parts of the ship overnight as a hotel guest or at minimum see Downtown LB from the ship at night. Even cooler to see Imagination roll into port the morning of my cruise!

As a hotel guest you can wander the halls and decks at night. Just be mindful of Casper and his friends.

We have spent the night and it was a great experience. We stayed in a first class cabin with a porthole. It is a different hotel experience and we would do it again.

It will be our second time on her. Because there are three of us this time (my husband, me, and his best friend), we got a first class suite with a separate child's bedroom. It's fun to stay onboard, look over at our ship, and explore the QM.

Excellent. I've been on the Queen Mary once a few years ago. Did some exploring. Would especially love to meander the deck at night and watch Imagination come in in the morning from the Stern.

It was on sale for $109.00, so I don't think there is much complaint in that it is a 3 minute walk from hotel to Cruise terminal!

Excellent. I've been on the Queen Mary once a few years ago. Did some exploring. Would especially love to meander the deck at night and watch Imagination come in in the morning from the Stern.

It was on sale for $109.00, so I don't think there is much complaint in that it is a 3 minute walk from hotel to Cruise terminal!

Excellent rate parking is $19/day.

For the short cruises we park at port. Longer we'll take the Metro in from the Upland or Montclair station.

I'm leaving my car behind for this cruise as well. The train tickets and short uber/lyft ride from the Long Beach Blue Line drop off to the RMS Queen Mary will be far, far cheaper than paying for ridiculously overpriced parking.

Funny. Also travelling out of Montclair/Upland.

The free Passport bus leave around the corner from the Blue Line. On Ocean, in between Pacific and Pine, in front of the talk white building. No need for Uber.

Edited by SadieN

About every 10-15 minutes. Google Long Beach Passport.

All told it takes about 3 hours from Montclair.

FWIW they just redid the back bathrooms in Union Station.

Edited by SadieN