Onboard credit offer instead of C&A discount

smile145

I am trying to book a cruise online with the current BOGO deal with $300 onboard credit. When I start the booking, it shows in the pricing the $300 onboard credit. After I enter my C&A information, it takes away the $300 onboard credit and adds a $50 C&A discount. How can I get it to book with the $300 credit instead of the $50 discount?

Thanks

Book without being logged in and without adding C&A info. Then call and have Royal add the C&A info back.

Or just have Royal do the whole thing on the phone.

You can do it while logged in also. When on the search results page, scroll down on the left hand side to the Crown & Anchor box and click the the X to remove your C&A member number before selecting the cruise you wish to book. I just did a mock booking doing this and I got the BOGO onboard credit.

You can do it while logged in also. When on the search results page, scroll down on the left hand side to the Crown & Anchor box and click the the X to remove your C&A member number before selecting the cruise you wish to book. I just did a mock booking doing this and I got the BOGO onboard credit.

Thanks for the update on the web site, that's seems much less complicated.:)

Seems crazy to penalize C&A members like that and force a workaround to get what is being offered to everyone. Obviously $300 is going to beat $50.

Especially since after the last website change, they basically said 'don't worry about what discounts you're getting, put in your info and we will figure out the best discount'.

I recently booked an Allure cruise for November 2016 and it applied my diamond C&A discount but not the OBC.

The OBC was $300 and the C&A discount was $225.

So it actually pays to not be a C&A member.

If I call now they will reprice and it will be slightly worse. So I will leave it alone. I'm a long way out and there might be a better price/promotion later in the year.

I've only been cruising a year, but so far I haven't seen ANY combinable OBC with loyalty discounts. Should I maybe expect some in the future?

The only OBC that is typically allowed with the loyalty discount is the OBC from booking a cruise onboard.

So I booked the BOGO. Where are you supposed to see if they applied the OBC?

It does not show up on the website after the initial display of price information. However, if you call Royal, they will send you a PDF file on your booking confirmation, and the OBC should show there.

I booked 5 cabins online on a bogo sailing @ 2 weeks ago. I received my $250 Diamond plus discount and the $300 OBC for each cabin. No problem.

That's what they TOLD you or what you invoice SAYS. (Unfortunately I have had experience with this). I was assured it was combinable, but unfortunately my invoice did not reflect this, and calling again told me "no".

Not doubting you.... Doubting the excellent phone service I've received with Royal.

Edited by denatravels

Ditto, I booked one recently and it "looked" like I was going to get both discounts. Transferred it to my TA the next day who called in a panic to let me know they had applied the C&A not the OBC and I was out of pocket on the deal .... luckily they ran basically the same promo again a week later (the Cyber deals around Thanksgiving) so we cancelled and rebooked with the OBC.

That's what they TOLD you or what you invoice SAYS. (Unfortunately I have had experience with this). I was assured it was combinable, but unfortunately my invoice did not reflect this, and calling again told me "no".

Not doubting you.... Doubting the excellent phone service I've received with Royal.

I booked online and took screenshots that included both discounts. I will call, if they don't honor it I will have no problem canceling all 5 cabins. Two can play that game.

I am trying to book a cruise online with the current BOGO deal with $300 onboard credit. When I start the booking, it shows in the pricing the $300 onboard credit. After I enter my C&A information, it takes away the $300 onboard credit and adds a $50 C&A discount. How can I get it to book with the $300 credit instead of the $50 discount?

Thanks

I booked a cruise yesterday using a travel agent and she explained that if I used the C&A I could not get the credit. I would suggest either calling RCI and booking over the phone or use a travel agent. I hope one of those works for you.