My Bed Aboard the Crown

dag144

I am on the Crown now, and have never had a worse bed. It is literally supported by folded towels underneath to keep the middle from sagging as much, but that doesn't help. I talked to the stateroom steward to ask for a solution, as I had difficulty with sleeping due to the pain, and he seemed distressed. But no change. Can anyone recommend who i should talk to?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

What Cabin are you in? I would talk to the Hotel Director immediately. I was on the Crown twice last year in a suite and in a mini and both times they were comfortable. Having folded towels underneath is not acceptable. I would take a picture of it also.

Good luck.

Just returned from a ;not so great cruise on the Crown. I did a review of the trip, but I thought it would be helpful to tackle each "beef" with a separate thread. I have recently been on two Crown cruises, a ten day in late Sept/early Oct. and a seven day which returned on Dec 12. I was in c101 and c235 respectively, both outside balcony cabins.

The beds were awful particularly on this last cruise. The mattress which is about seven inches thick sagged - with a capital S. I decided to see what was the cause of the sag and put my tablet under the bed to take a picture of the platform supporting the thin mattress. The support consists of a plastic coated wire crisis-crossed (attached) to a steel frame. This set-up should be described as a non-folding cot. It is very similar to the folding cots sold to accommodate spill-over guests at home. The set-up would not accommodate a board to make the bed more firm but thankfully this was only a seven day ordeal!

I don't think that I ever experienced such bad beds on other Princess cruises. I have cruised ten times eight of which were on other ships. My advise is to quiz the line or your TA to assure that your cabin has a real bed. I attached a pic of the contraption but don't know if it took.

Quite dark but even I, with only 10% vision in my good eye, could see the framework. It DOESN'T look very comfortable.

What Cabin are you in? I would talk to the Hotel Director immediately. I was on the Crown twice last year in a suite and in a mini and both times they were comfortable. Having folded towels underneath is not acceptable. I would take a picture of it also.

Good luck.

We are in E632, which is an OV. The bed is just like the one our OP described, except that it is obviously a known problem since someone had put towels between the plastic mesh and the mattress in an attempt to support the middle.

This is our third time on Crown and our worse bed yet. We were on Crown, Ruby, Star, and Golden in the last year And none of the beds were quite thus bad. Last time I had a bed this uncomfortable was on Sapphire a few years ago.

I did request a mattress topper before the cruise and from the cabin steward. The cabin steward indicated that he didn't think any were available.

I will talk to the hotel director when we return to the ship this evening. I don't know where or how to find that person, however. Should I go to the front desk?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

For any of us that have sailed on HAL we know what a nice bed feels like. I hope these new ones will be as nice :)

The ones that Princess uses currently are like folding cot mattresses so it is no wonder that everyone's experience is different. Some will break down faster and some of the suites may have different ones? Lately I have only booked inside cabins when cruising Alaska - so that is all I can speak to.

My bed on the Star Princess in August was my worst of any cruise - ever! So I am really looking forward to the new ones on the Ruby!

I have really liked cruising on Princess, but I am one who has gotten the short end of the stick on mattresses. I kept hearing about pillow top mattresses, but so far have just gotten the ones that seemed to be at the end of their useful lives. Maybe next time...