more Tiki club questions

seasprite

After reading the postings, I am still unsure whether to use the ship excursion (44.95) for the Tiki club. It includes transportation, lounger, access to cushioned seating in thatched roof area, rum drink. If I go on my own, would I still have access to the thatched roof area seating, or is there a cost? Naturally, I know it would be cheaper to go on my own, and I do like being able to be flexible on times. But I want the deep shade and don't want to risk not being able to use that area. Plus if overall costs aren't much different by the time I add it all up, the ease of the excursion might be preferable.

Does anyone know what the sand is like on their beach? One person posted it was very shelly and rocky, but I know that varies with tides.

Also, I am not looking for loud music or party atmosphere. Prefer sound of splashing waves, wind and peace. I don't need a pool..just the beach, But I do like to have the comfort of amenties. The postings about other spots of 7 mile beach have described loud music, many beach activities, etc. What is it like at Tiki? I am set on 7 mile beach, as I prefer not to go too far from port.

One more question...will the public buses take me to Tiki, or drop me off only at the public beach? I may take a van (cab) anyhow, as walking far is difficult.

Thanks for helping. This is a great group! Can't wait for Feb.!

We've never experienced ANY music on 7 Mile Beach....and you can get umbrellas...The bus will drop you at any entry spot along 7 Mile Beach...and as the beach is narrow, it's only steps to the lounger rentals!

As far as "sand"...Caribbean beach sand is more like finely crushed coral/shell than the sand we're used to on the East Coast of the US. It's not "rocky"...but it's not a soft-sugar type beach.

After reading the postings, I am still unsure whether to use the ship excursion (44.95) for the Tiki club. It includes transportation, lounger, access to cushioned seating in thatched roof area, rum drink. If I go on my own, would I still have access to the thatched roof area seating, or is there a cost? Naturally, I know it would be cheaper to go on my own, and I do like being able to be flexible on times. But I want the deep shade and don't want to risk not being able to use that area. Plus if overall costs aren't much different by the time I add it all up, the ease of the excursion might be preferable.

Does anyone know what the sand is like on their beach? One person posted it was very shelly and rocky, but I know that varies with tides.

Also, I am not looking for loud music or party atmosphere. Prefer sound of splashing waves, wind and peace. I don't need a pool..just the beach, But I do like to have the comfort of amenties. The postings about other spots of 7 mile beach have described loud music, many beach activities, etc. What is it like at Tiki? I am set on 7 mile beach, as I prefer not to go too far from port.

One more question...will the public buses take me to Tiki, or drop me off only at the public beach? I may take a van (cab) anyhow, as walking far is difficult.

Thanks for helping. This is a great group! Can't wait for Feb.!

We were at Tiki 2 weeks ago through a ship excursion with RCI, on Anthem of the Seas. Even though I did bring water shoes to the beach, there was no need to wear them, as the beach was not shelly or rocky that day. I can say that the sea was a little rough the day we were there with an undertow as sea conditions do change with the tide. Other guests we spoke to said the sea is usually calm the previous times they were at Tiki. We didn't find it to be a party atmosphere at all and don't recall hearing any music on the beach at all. Plenty of shade if some don't like the sun. We enjoyed our day and would go back again.

• 2 weeks later...

One more quick question, Chris. Are you planning to go to Tiki on your own or through a ship excursion? I've been trying to do a comparison, as I hate to book an excursion and then have bad weather. But I do want access to shade and chairs, facilities, etc. Thanks!