Any shade at Maho Beach?

Bonnie J.

We will be in St. Maartin in middle of next month. We'd like to go to Maho Beach. My husband has to stay out of the sun. Are there any trees nearby or someplace where he can sit that is not in the sun? We'd really like to see the planes come and go!

Edited by Bonnie J.

Sunset bar is located on the beach and I think they have covered seating.

Correct. Check out their link at TA. Some photos show the seating - large umbrellas for shade. Just a heads up, when we were there, some of the women at the bar were without coverage on top. :eek: Not what I need to be looking at when I'm trying to eat. :rolleyes: lol

There is no shade on the beach itself, and if you bring a beach umbrella, it will probably get blown away by jet exhaust. The bar at the end of the beach has plenty of covered seating, though, and it's totally worth going. The big planes come in between about 11:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. depending on the day, and if you have an air band radio, it's fun to listen to the tower.

There is no shade on the beach itself, and if you bring a beach umbrella, it will probably get blown away by jet exhaust. The bar at the end of the beach has plenty of covered seating, though, and it's totally worth going. The big planes come in between about 11:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. depending on the day, and if you have an air band radio, it's fun to listen to the tower.

Are you certain that Sunset Bar and Grill still has the air band radio broadcasting from the tower?

Are you certain that Sunset Bar and Grill still has the air band radio broadcasting from the tower?

I didn't say that the bar did. IDK if they do or not, I brought my own radio and was out on the beach. I said "if you have an air band radio", not "if the bar still has an air band radio".

I didn't say that the bar did. IDK if they do or not, I brought my own radio and was out on the beach. I said "if you have an air band radio", not "if the bar still has an air band radio".

Oh I see. Sorry I misread that.

I know in the past the bar had a loud system that broadcasted from the tower. It was very exciting. I loved that. This past May we took my DD's boyfriend for his first trip there and I really wish that he would have heard the tower communication. Any word on this feature returning?