August or September

babs135

Not in a position to book anything at the moment :( but still hopeful of booking a trip summer time next year :D which leads to my question August or September?

We've always 'done' the QM2 in November/December but we now would like to try her, after her refit which incidentally sounds exciting, with a bit of sun on our backs. If we did August would there be lots of children on board? And if we did September would we still be able to sit outside?

Looking at eastbound so that we can have a few days in New York first, so don't know if that would make any difference.

Advice would be gratefully received.

We have sailed TA in both September and once in late August (I think it was the third week of August).

I'm sure each voyage is unique in terms of passenger demographics, but we didn't notice appreciably more children in August (2012) than on September crossings.

There have always been children on our Cunard voyages--always well-behaved.

As for the weather, we have been treated to some fabulous weather on September crossings and found the August weather similar. Nice on deck and sunny for many (probably the majority) of days. Not hot and uncomfortable, but people definitely were wearing shorts.

It is a big ocean, however, so you cannot count on the weather being completely consistent during an eight-day voyage, all the way across.

And, weather (year to year) can have great variation.

Our experience was favorable in terms of weather. But, if it had rained the entire crossing, we would have just stayed inside the QM2 and enjoyed ourselves in different ways.

Have a wonderful time, whenever you go, babs135.

Jimmybean

There are never huge numbers of children on QM2 Transatlantic voyages during the school holidays in my experience. The weather and sea conditions can be better in either month and voyage to voyage, one can never be certain. The prices and range of cabins within a budget will vary though.

Regards John