Christmas Travel Information

Bob++

Christmas trains.

Rail services will be badly disrupted over the Christmas break:

Network Rail’s £150 million investment programme involves almost 500 improvement projects – 200 more than last year - and 20,000 workers.

Gatwick Express trains will stop running for 10 days due to engineering works, while trains to Heathrow will be paused for three days due to Crossrail works.

If you are thinking of catching a train between now and 5th January, check here first http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/currentAndFuture.aspx

Anyone landing at Heathrow and travelling to Southampton by road on Friday or Saturday this week should allow for delays due to people going away for Christmas.

Christmas trains.

Rail services will be badly disrupted over the Christmas break:

If you are thinking of catching a train between now and 5th January, check here first http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/currentAndFuture.aspx

Anyone landing at Heathrow and travelling to Southampton by road on Friday or Saturday this week should allow for delays due to people going away for Christmas.

If you choose the comfort route, car services double their prices in and out of London Xmas and New Years as well as Boxing Day and New Year's Eve.

If you choose the comfort route, car services double their prices in and out of London Xmas and New Years as well as Boxing Day and New Year's Eve.

I am not sure that this is generally true. Christmas Eve is a normal working day for most people, as is New Years Eve. Christmas day, Boxing Day and NY Day are all bank holidays and taxis might well charge higher prices then, but if someone quoted me double for any other day, I would look elsewhere.

I am not sure that this is generally true. Christmas Eve is a normal working day for most people, as is New Years Eve. Christmas day, Boxing Day and NY Day are all bank holidays and taxis might well charge higher prices then, but if someone quoted me double for any other day, I would look elsewhere.

Up to retirement we spent Xmas and New Years in London for .25 years and this was always the case. If it has changed that 's good.

We now spend spring and fall in London when it's not a problem.