Drinks Package

pvsmyth

question on the package, I drink, my husband is diabetic and does not drink, do we have to get a package for both of us or just me? I have been bouncing back and forth on paying almost 700.00 for 1 person which is INSANE but I haven been interested

question on the package, I drink, my husband is diabetic and does not drink, do we have to get a package for both of us or just me? I have been bouncing back and forth on paying almost 700.00 for 1 person which is INSANE but I haven been interested

Royal does not require both of you to get a package.

I thought I remember reading on a different post regarding drinks packages that a standard fee for tips were added automatically to your bill at the end of the cruise?

The current price for all unlimited beverage packages includes gratuities. Nothing is added to the bill at the end of the cruise with respect to the unlimited beverage packages.

They changed the requirement that both have it, to that each can get whatever they want, back in late 2013.

That's an expensive package. Will you actually utilize that? Would your onboard spending for drinks actually hit that dollar mark? Did you know that there are different types of drinks packages?

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

BTW: I had two $12 glasses of wine with lunch and two $12 glasses of wine with dinner. That plus the gratuity equals a the daily cost of the premium package. Anything beyond that is free; i.e. pool drinks, after dinner drinks, etc. I will always buy this drink package, it's a no-brainer to me.

They changed the requirement that both have it, to that each can get whatever they want, back in late 2013.

That's an expensive package. Will you actually utilize that? Would your onboard spending for drinks actually hit that dollar mark? Did you know that there are different types of drinks packages?

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

It is very expensive since we are doing a 12 night Christmas cruise, I wanted to be able to taste all drinks... plus beer, but then my husband got me thinking if I get a cold on this cruise I won't want to drink, then I wasted all that money, it stinks cause damned if u do, damned if u dont

Yes, unlike other lines (CCL). I appreciate RCI's honor system and would never abuse it. :)

Also RCCL does not have a limit on amount of drinks like some other lines. only limit is 15 mins between drinks . Had premium package on last 2 cruises and will get it on next.

Also RCCL does not have a limit on amount of drinks like some other lines. only limit is 15 mins between drinks . Had premium package on last 2 cruises and will get it on next.

On Freedom in October there was no "15 minute wait time" in between drinks. I think that is put in place to prevent people from getting a drink and then giving it away and then going back for a second. I had a shot at the bar and then about 1-2 minutes later I got a cocktail from the same bartender. They said they had not heard that rule.

Probably depends on the ship and the bartender. :-)

On Freedom in October there was no "15 minute wait time" in between drinks. I think that is put in place to prevent people from getting a drink and then giving it away and then going back for a second. I had a shot at the bar and then about 1-2 minutes later I got a cocktail from the same bartender. They said they had not heard that rule.

Probably depends on the ship and the bartender. :-)

Agree. I almost believe this is a magical 'myth' on CC as I've never experienced this on 4 different ships.