What an Idiot

Itsbeentoolong

7 days before I leave for the airport and all I can think about is my holiday so I thought id search for Azura reviews.....wish I didn't, needs TLC, rubbish food, rude staff, so much Illness it's unbelievable, took me ages to talk the missus around hope she's not disappointed

We will be back on Azura for the 4th time in January. So far we have never encountered rude staff or illness. The food is fine. There are other places to eat if you dont like the MDR menus. I think I noticed the carpets a bit 'tired' in places, but nothing more.

If you go to have fun, you will. :) Enjoy the festivities!

7 days before I leave for the airport and all I can think about is my holiday so I thought id search for Azura reviews.....wish I didn't, needs TLC, rubbish food, rude staff, so much Illness it's unbelievable, took me ages to talk the missus around hope she's not disappointed:(

Sometimes you wonder if you've been on the same ship. I've been on Azura quite a few times. I've never met a rude member of staff, they did have NV when I was on but it didn't spread, we did have the odd poorer meal but that was very unusual, some carpets needed replaced but had been changed last time we were on. Its a great ship and we really like her. I'd be interested to hear what you think after your cruise.

Thanks guys, I think because I've been waiting so long for it to come around I don't want to be disappointed. I had such a good time on Ventura but it was so long ago now, my mums just got back to Southampton on Ventura and she loves her but even she said you can really notice the corner cutting. I've just thought, 3000 plus people get on Azura every 2 weeks of course they'll be some people that don't like it....I'm used to 4 star All inclusive holidays so she'll probably be a floating palace to us :) plus I won't be at work so happy days :)

I think that most people only post a review if they have had something they are not happy about and then just add other trivial items to the list to bolster their opinion.

Most people who have found no fault and/or had a great time don't post a review at all.

Some people look for things to be wrong from the minute they leave home.

Azura is a lovely ship. It's one of the newest in the fleet, second only to Britannia. Cabins are great with decent balconies and lots of hanging space. There's a brilliant range of entertainment venues and bars as well as a really good choice of places to eat. Don't worry and ignore the moaners. We've been on Azura 3 times and loved every minute of every cruise.

Agree with the others. We've been on Azura three times now and have never had any problems with food or anything else. As has been said, people love to moan and some of the reviews I've read of cruises I've been on, at exactly the same time, well I would never have believed what some people have written. I would say they weren't on the same ship. Indeed in some cases I wonder if the people were actually on the ship! I read one the other day about Oceana - we were on her a couple of months ago - and according to the review the ship was dirty, leaking, miserable staff, lousy food etc. Well that's not the Oceana I know and we will be on her again in a few months time. Just go with a positive frame of mind and you'll have a great time.

Hi, we went on Oceana a few years back and the thing that instantly hit me was how tired the ship looked BUT after a short time you forget that and somehow it doesn't matter. After the Arcadia refit I thought how smart she looked, then I went on Britannia and when I got back on Arcadia I remember thinking she was old fashioned - again quickly forgotten. So I guess I'm saying two things, after Britannia other ships do appear less 'shiny' so that may be reflected in the reviews. Secondly even if that's your first impression you do just accept it and after a short time don't notice. Azura is the only ship in the fleet I haven't been on but I'm sure you will have a great time - I always think the anticipation of the cruise is the best part so don't let the reviews spoil that!

We were on board late October (our 2nd time on her) and had a wonderful time. Without exception we found all the staff delightful. We were hit with NV and it made extra work for the staff but they remained cheery and polite. The ship wasn't noticeably tired or shabby and our cabin was in tiptop condition.

Food wise everything was fine. We found Freedom dining worked very well and really enjoyed the buffet options at lunch. I agree that it's not the same standards as 10 years ago with no silver service but equal to 2 years ago and certainly nothing to grumble about.

We made good use of the kids club and can't praise the youth team highly enough.

Excursions were well run and even boarding went quite smoothly despite all of the scare stories.

I think people enjoy having their moans and are far more vocal than those of us who have had a great holiday. Don't get overly worried by the few negative things people have said. Perhaps they were unlucky or had unrealistic expectations (wanting the Silversea experience for a fraction of the price) or maybe looking for a discount on a future cruise.

I'm sure you'll have as wonderful time as we did. Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some people just have to have a moan! Ignore them! I have been on Azura twice, the most recent time was just after her refit this year. She was looking great and we had a marvellous time. The food was very good most of the time - occasionally a meal is not up to scratch, or you find is not to your liking but you can always ask for something else (although I rarely do, no one on a cruise should ever complain there isn't enough food.....although they do! ) Try the glass house for lunch - fabulous food.

What I think some people forget is that nothing stays absolutely pristine...wear and tear kicks in. Nothing stays "modern and bang up to date" for very long, so you may find slight signs of use on furniture and carpets. Thats reality.

Some of the staff have a bad day sometimes, just like the rest of us, but I have never, on all the cruises I have been on met a rude member of staff - except once on Cunard - an Eastern european wine waitress upset just about everyone - and she was off loaded at the next port!

Some are a bit less outgoing than others but hey thats life! I suspect the majority of those that complain of rudeness have been less than polite themselves - now that I have seen....even heard one elderly lady shout out "boy" to a member of the bar staff. Now that was rude.

Sometimes things are not quite perfect....and if you do encounter a problem, then speak to someone (nicely!) about it, and it will be sorted.

Have a great time - and let us know how you get on , when you are home.

Edited by Mysticalmother

I think that most people only post a review if they have had something they are not happy about and then just add other trivial items to the list to bolster their opinion.

Most people who have found no fault and/or had a great time don't post a review at all.

Some people look for things to be wrong from the minute they leave home.

Very well put !!

Thanks guys, I think because I've been waiting so long for it to come around I don't want to be disappointed. I had such a good time on Ventura but it was so long ago now, my mums just got back to Southampton on Ventura and she loves her but even she said you can really notice the corner cutting. I've just thought, 3000 plus people get on Azura every 2 weeks of course they'll be some people that don't like it....I'm used to 4 star All inclusive holidays so she'll probably be a floating palace to us :) plus I won't be at work so happy days :)

Read the reviews of every major mainstream line and people say the same thing. Go with an open mind and you'll have a ball. I've never had a bad cruise yet and I don't expect to either. Yes, there'll be the odd rude member of staff, but considering they work every day for 6 months plus, it's not surprising they get hacked off sometimes. Yes, the occasional meal may not come up to your expectations, but you'll have had a couple more that day that were good. You'll see the odd scuffed piece of furniture or worn carpet, no surprise there with all the use and abuse they take. And you can guarantee if someone was held up boarding while the carpet was replaced, they'd post all over CC and FB that their cruise was ruined and standards are going down hill.

Board the ship, drop your bags, have a drink and enjoy the cruise. It'll be great and you'll be thinking about booking another before you know it. Enjoy :)

I was on Azura last month.

They have a new MDR menu - a bit plain - but the food was all very nice.

There was a bit less entertainment than some other P&O ships that we've been on - but as we were in the Caribbean we spent more time out in the sun.

Relax. There might be bits that are open to criticism - this website is called "Cruise Critic" after all - but you'll have a great holiday, just like we had. That's the main thing.

This is the 'always available' menu from the P&O site.

P&O Cruises Favourites

Classic Starters

Atlantic Prawn Cocktail

with Homemade Marie Rose Sauce and Brown Bread

Trio of Melon

with Ginger and Minted Berry Compote (v)

Egg Mayonnaise

with a Fresh Tomato and Cucumber Salsa (v)

Chicken Caesar Salad

Romaine Lettuce, Anchovies, Parmesan Cheese and Croûtons

in a Creamy Caesar Dressing

(Also available as a vegetarian option)

Cream of Tomato Soup

with Basil Oil and Croûtons (v)

Grills

Fillet of Salmon

with Hollandaise Sauce

Prime Sirloin Steak

with Button Mushrooms*

Breast of Chicken

with Madeira Sauce

Served with a selection of Seasonal Vegetables

Today’s Speciality Dish

Regional / Best of British / Pasta / Curry

Exec Chef to decide on board

Desserts

Sultana Brioche Bread and Butter Pudding

with Cream or Vanilla Custard

Fresh Seasonal Fruit Salad

with Cream

Thanks, I've been looking at that all the time I love my food, but my dad doesn't don't like trying anything new/spicy/exotic....I just really hope they haven't changed it with the new menu

...and if they have...just have a word with the maitre 'd - bet you he will still be able to get his steak any night he wants it!

...and if they have...just have a word with the maitre 'd - bet you he will still be able to get his steak any night he wants it!

Look at my post #21 which answers the question!

Always available means every night in addition to the normal menu which changes every night

This is the 'always available' menu from the P&O site.

P&O Cruises Favourites

Classic Starters

Atlantic Prawn Cocktail

with Homemade Marie Rose Sauce and Brown Bread

Trio of Melon

with Ginger and Minted Berry Compote (v)

Egg Mayonnaise

with a Fresh Tomato and Cucumber Salsa (v)

Chicken Caesar Salad

Romaine Lettuce, Anchovies, Parmesan Cheese and Croûtons

in a Creamy Caesar Dressing

(Also available as a vegetarian option)

Cream of Tomato Soup

with Basil Oil and Croûtons (v)

Grills

Fillet of Salmon

with Hollandaise Sauce

Prime Sirloin Steak

with Button Mushrooms*

Breast of Chicken

with Madeira Sauce

Served with a selection of Seasonal Vegetables

Today’s Speciality Dish

Regional / Best of British / Pasta / Curry

Exec Chef to decide on board

Desserts

Sultana Brioche Bread and Butter Pudding

with Cream or Vanilla Custard

Fresh Seasonal Fruit Salad

with Cream

Only main course on the "Favourites" menu on Britannia is now Sirloin steak, no Salmon and no Chicken