Transferring booking from Princess to TA?

cruiseintoheaven

Hey everyone - have been wanting to book a short cruise on the Emerald leaving Feb. 6th.. My TA is actually on vacation and I'm getting a bit antsy to book. If I book directly with Princess online and use our FCDs - can I transfer my booking to my TA when she gets back to take advantage of any perks/fare reductions/OBC? Would the answer depend on when final payment is due? Thanks......[emoji4]

It cannot be transferred after the final payment date. At this point you would need to either :

1-Wait until your TA

2-Find another TA with similar perks

3-Book with Princess , but not transfer the booking .

Hey everyone - have been wanting to book a short cruise on the Emerald leaving Feb. 6th.. My TA is actually on vacation and I'm getting a bit antsy to book. If I book directly with Princess online and use our FCDs - can I transfer my booking to my TA when she gets back to take advantage of any perks/fare reductions/OBC? Would the answer depend on when final payment is due? Thanks......[emoji4]

If full payment is made even before final payment . You won't be able to transfer to the TA.

You can not transfer after final payment.

Your TA may have someone covering for them - you may want to call and check. Or you can email them and see what they suggest (some check email while on vacation). My agent is required to have someone covering for them while they are gone - this is very common.

Edited by Coral

Another possible wrinkle is if you've made any payment to Princess, while you can still transfer the booking, the request must be in writing. If there has been no payment, your TA can make the request via a phone call. At least that was how a Princess rep explained it to me.

Edited by Treven

Up until final payment is made you can transfer the booking from Princess to a TA. You can also transfer a booking from a TA back to Princess so it works both ways and I have done it. Most TA either have someone to fill in for them or they watch email. Like all businesses they don't want to miss making a booking which is $$ to them.