Trying to Understand Dining Packages...

bryanjaync

I have read boards and the RCI site, but still having problems wrapping my brain around Dining Packages

So for the Oasis, I can pre-order a 3 Dinner package for $80, and get 20% ($16) back as OBC.

But if, as one of my three dinners, I go to an 'al a carte' restaurant (not sure which those are on Oasis), it counts as one of my three, but i pay at the restaurant on seapass card, but I get a $30 OBC for dining there (I guess to help defray costs).

Is that right ?

I have read boards and the RCI site, but still having problems wrapping my brain around Dining Packages

So for the Oasis, I can pre-order a 3 Dinner package for $80, and get 20% ($16) back as OBC.

But if, as one of my three dinners, I go to an 'al a carte' restaurant (not sure which those are on Oasis), it counts as one of my three, but i pay at the restaurant on seapass card, but I get a $30 OBC for dining there (I guess to help defray costs).

Is that right ?

I'm not sure about the 20% OBC. That sounds like the previous dining package. The new packages are a good deal if you plan to eat in the specially restaurants. I bought the packages on my two cruises on Liberty last month. You can buy a package on the first night you plan on using it. Or I guess you could do it before. If you dine at an a la carte restaurant, you are charged for any amount over the allowance ($30).

I do not believe that the a la carte restaurants can be one of your 3 choices. I think they have to be one of the flat-fee restaurants.

I think they can be, they give you a $30 allowance for a la carte. Also I don't think you can combined the other 2 options , either the 3 dinners for $80 or 20% back on 3.

Here is the verbiage from my planner.

INSIDER TIPS

First courtesy dinner reservation will be made for Day 1 or Day 2

Make additional reservations on your first day onboard to guarantee preferred dining time and restaurants

Our staff can add your kids to your existing reservation at kid's prices once onboard

For restaurants with a la carte pricing, package includes a $30 credit towards the food portion of your bill

The only thing I don't understand or like is it says they pick the 1st nights dinner? I don't want them to pick it, I want to pick it. I wonder if you buy the package on board if you can choose your 1st restaurant? Anyone have any experience with this?

I don't want them to pick it, I want to pick it. I wonder if you buy the package on board if you can choose your 1st restaurant? Anyone have any experience with this?

I pre-booked the 3 dinner package. When doing so it asked for a time on the first two nights. I selected something suitable. I am not sure if it was just confusion with the new system but when we got on-board there was no reservation made. I spoke the them and they said I could book the three meals whenever I liked. The only thing that varied was that I had been assured that Chef's Table was included in the choices, and then it was excluded unless I had the five dinner package.

We pre-booked one night, then they told us that if we booked two more, we'd get a refund to OBC. But the OBC didn't arrive. We visited Guest Relations, and they said it didn't count since we'd pre-paid one. We finally got some of it refunded to our OBC by working with the Diamond Concierge.

I pre-booked the 3 dinner package. When doing so it asked for a time on the first two nights. I selected something suitable. I am not sure if it was just confusion with the new system but when we got on-board there was no reservation made. I spoke the them and they said I could book the three meals whenever I liked. The only thing that varied was that I had been assured that Chef's Table was included in the choices, and then it was excluded unless I had the five dinner package.

On some ships there is a Chef's Dining Package, at $115 per guest, includes the five-course, gourmet Chef's Table and wine pairing, Chops Grille steakhouse and Izumi Asian Cuisine. This seems like a bargain to me!:D

First, thanks for all the help on the boards. Second, RCI does not make researching dining easy at all ! Just want to know what 1) restaurants are in the dining package for Oasis, 2) which restaurants are one set cover charge, 3) which restaurant are 'al la carte' pricing. From what i have read, if a prepaid dining package customer exceeds $30 at an al la carte restaurant, the customer must pay the overage.

From a earlier post about Oasis:

Chops $45

CP150 $45

Izumi Hibachi $35

Giovanni's $30

Solarium Bistro $25

So which are fixed and which is a la carte ? Are any other restaurants in the dining package for Oasis not listed above. Thanks. (Yes, i know the MDR is available at no charge too)

First, thanks for all the help on the boards. Second, RCI does not make researching dining easy at all ! Just want to know what 1) restaurants are in the dining package for Oasis, 2) which restaurants are one set cover charge, 3) which restaurant are 'al la carte' pricing. From what i have read, if a prepaid dining package customer exceeds $30 at an al la carte restaurant, the customer must pay the overage.

From a earlier post about Oasis:

Chops $45

CP150 $45

Izumi Hibachi $35

Giovanni's $30

Solarium Bistro $25

So which are fixed and which is a la carte ? Are any other restaurants in the dining package for Oasis not listed above. Thanks. (Yes, i know the MDR is available at no charge too)

Sabor and non-hibachi choices at Izumi are a la carte.