Any Way To Tell Re: San Juan Excursion?

the_lovely_voyage

Hi there,

I couldn't decide if this should go in the San Juan board or on Carnival, since it's specific to Carnival, so here I am! I was wondering if there was any way to tell if an excursion I'm interested in will be offered on my cruise. I'm sailing the Vista in November 2017 (YAY HONEYMOON) and they haven't set up any excursions yet in the online planner, otherwise I'd just check for myself. We're supposed to be in San Juan from 1-8pm, and I'm really interested in the Rum Mixology and Salsa Dancing excursion. I'm so hoping that they'll do an afternoon tour, but part of me is afraid that this tour is generally only offered in the morning for ships that dock earlier? Someone please tell me that I'm wrong and that we'll be able to do this excursion? If anyone is on a similar itinerary for next year and is able to see if their afternoon San Juan stop offers this, I'd super appreciate it!

I totally understanding over planning way in advance. Especially if this is a wedding or honeymoon cruise. I also lived in the Carib for a while.

If you are super into a rum factory tour and salsa lessons I would tell you that you can pretty much always tour the Bacardi factory and get some mixology tips. But I would figure this part on your own because it's a lot cheaper than an excursion.

Salsa- take the lessons at home first and hope they play salsa music in the clubs onboard. If you are not familiar with the area and safety concerns I strongly advise that you don't go clubbing in SJ on your own.

that's 2 years dude, relax

if it's driving you crazy go to Viatour or put in different dates for San Juan, tours won't change too much

My bad for being excited about my honeymoon. I think a lot of people would agree with me that planning is fun and relieves stress and unknowns. So thanks for that.

Thanks for the input cruiseonthebrain! I had read about the Bacardi factory too, so I could always see what we could do there. Saving money is nice too!

If the excursion isn't offered, that makes this option way more possible.

My email us stace120@hotmail.com. I totally understand being this excited. I also got married and had my honeymoon on a cruise. And was stationed and lived in PR for years. Don't let haters get you down. Feel free to email me with anything I may be able to help you out with.

Thanks for the input cruiseonthebrain! I had read about the Bacardi factory too, so I could always see what we could do there. Saving money is nice too!

If the excursion isn't offered, that makes this option way more possible.

Just wanted to chime in to say congratulations on your upcoming wedding and GO HAWKS!!!