Liquor in room question

Moondarling

Yes. Pre-cruise purchases attached to your booking number, count toward Mariner days.

Thanks, Ruth. We've bought pre-cruise and on the cruise before but I can't recall if it counted both ways. Our cruise starts in 6 days so I think we can still buy a bottle today. Will ask DH if he wants to wait or not.

Ordered one bottle for Canadian Club @ $42.50 from HAL online for delivery to cabin. Credit card statement shows charge for $42.50. That answers that question for me. One less thing to arrange when boarding.

Can you get tonic water from room service ? What about limes ? Or should I bring my own lime juice ?

Yes, you can either order it from room service or grab it from a bar. As for limes - ask a beverage server for some. They're not a room service item.

I have pre-ordered alcohol for the cabin quite a few times in Florida, Seattle and San Diego and have never been charged any taxes.

And the alcohol was waiting for us in the cabin when we got on the ship.

Curious if you've ever pre-ordered white wine for cabin delivery at embarkation. If so, did your cabin steward put it on ice for you so it was nice and chilled when you got to your cabin?

We're having a bottle of white delivered to our cabin for a bon voyage toast, and was hoping it would already be chilled upon arrival. :)

P.S. We won't be upset if it isn't, but was just curious.. ;)

We have never ordered a bottle of wine for the cabin.

We prefer to order a bottle for dinner on some evenings.

Your wine should be chilled by the time you get to your cabin.

Oh, we'll be ordering wine for dinner as well, trust me! ;):D And good to know that our bon voyage wine 'should' be chilled upon arrival to our cabin. Coincidentally, I recently spoke with a friend who just completed the Pacific Coastal cruise on Oosterdam. She said that her pre-ordered bottle of champagne was in the cabin on arrival, but was in a dry bucket with no ice... not good! :(

Oh, we'll be ordering wine for dinner as well, trust me! ;):D And good to know that our bon voyage wine 'should' be chilled upon arrival to our cabin. Coincidentally, I recently spoke with a friend who just completed the Pacific Coastal cruise on Oosterdam. She said that her pre-ordered bottle of champagne was in the cabin on arrival, but was in a dry bucket with no ice... not good! :(

May I recommend "Ice Bag" brand wine chillers. They're heavy duty vinyl bags. They're collapsible for easy packing. They're also deeper than most ice buckets, so you won't have warm wine in the neck of the bottle. Place your wine bottle in the bag. Fill the bag with ice. Then add water for better heat conduction. You can chill a bottle of wine in about 15 minutes. Just make sure you buy the Ice Bag brand. There are knock offs that aren't nearly as durable.

May I recommend "Ice Bag" brand wine chillers. They're heavy duty vinyl bags. They're collapsible for easy packing. They're also deeper than most ice buckets, so you won't have warm wine in the neck of the bottle. Place your wine bottle in the bag. Fill the bag with ice. Then add water for better heat conduction. You can chill a bottle of wine in about 15 minutes. Just make sure you buy the Ice Bag brand. There are knock offs that aren't nearly as durable.

Excellent recommendation.... thank you! :)

That shouldn't be - but as with all things on HAL -- that could have changed as well.

FYI in regards to the paying taxes on certain items when you order pre-cruise.... I just pre-ordered several specialty drink items that you can't order online. And didn't pay any taxes on it. This is for our Alaska cruise leaving on Sunday :)