Wedding Planning Binder

Reportress

Hi everyone! My fiance and I just booked our cruise wedding (May 14, 2017 on the Carnival Vista!), and I'm starting to try and put together a planning binder for us to keep organized. The problem I'm running into is that all of the pre-made planners I find (both printable online and pre-made, assembled and ready-to-buy) don't look like they're a good fit for a destination wedding. The timelines seem way off for us, and I feel like a destination wedding has a lot more different needs than a traditional at-home wedding.

Does anyone have any advice on where you can find a good planner or a printables to DIY my own for a destination/cruise wedding? I figure if anyone will know of something good for this type of wedding, it will be the ladies and gents of this forum!

Hi everyone! My fiance and I just booked our cruise wedding (May 14, 2017 on the Carnival Vista!), and I'm starting to try and put together a planning binder for us to keep organized. The problem I'm running into is that all of the pre-made planners I find (both printable online and pre-made, assembled and ready-to-buy) don't look like they're a good fit for a destination wedding. The timelines seem way off for us, and I feel like a destination wedding has a lot more different needs than a traditional at-home wedding.

Does anyone have any advice on where you can find a good planner or a printables to DIY my own for a destination/cruise wedding? I figure if anyone will know of something good for this type of wedding, it will be the ladies and gents of this forum!

Which wedding package did you select? I'm also looking to get married on the Vista. Narrowing down the dates has been a task. Looking at Lets Celebrate Big package on April 16th.

Which wedding package did you select? I'm also looking to get married on the Vista. Narrowing down the dates has been a task. Looking at Lets Celebrate Big package on April 16th.

We are doing the Let's Celebrate Big! We wanted the extra time at the reception, so this was a pretty easy choice. April would be lovely. We chose May because I work at a university and had to plan around the slow period of the year.

I purchased an Erin Condren wedding planner that included 2 years. I love it! It was customizable so you have have it meet your needs. I'm getting married on the Carnival Breeze out of Galveston in July of 2017

Thanks for the tip! I may check that out!

I made our binder completely from scratch because I really couldn't find anything completely relevant out there. Section one was all of our regular cruising docs. Section 2 was all of the Carnival wedding docs. Section 3 was all of the wedding planning company docs and correspondence. Section 4- guest info for boarding. Section 5 guest info for sailing guests. Section 6- paperwork for pre and post cruise hotel and travel. Section 7 receipts. Etc.

I made our binder completely from scratch because I really couldn't find anything completely relevant out there. Section one was all of our regular cruising docs. Section 2 was all of the Carnival wedding docs. Section 3 was all of the wedding planning company docs and correspondence. Section 4- guest info for boarding. Section 5 guest info for sailing guests. Section 6- paperwork for pre and post cruise hotel and travel. Section 7 receipts. Etc.

Mine was similar to this except I also had a section with swatches of fabric for bridesmaids, groomsmen, etc, and a section with pictures of wedding hair and make up, and I had a section with a packing lists, one list for wedding stuff and who was responsible for bringing what as well as our cruise packing list.

Oh and I had also made a list of particular photos that I wanted. We are an older couple and have one daughter and one son-in-law each, who served as our matrons of honor and bestmen, so I was very particular about getting our new family pictures.

I would like to suggest you make sure you take all price quotes and contracts with you, when we got our wedding photos the prices were somewhat more than the pricelist they had sent me, because I had the pricelist with me, I was able to make them honor the original pricelist, which saved us a few hundred dollars, it was not a minimal amount.

Edited by ImaginationCruiseBride

• 1 month later...
I hope you ladies that are getting married on the Vista will share stories and pictures asap after your wedding. I am getting married on the Vista on July 23 and would love, love some feedback on yours.:)

I'll be sure to share my stories and photos when we return! So far, everything has been a breeze!

• 2 weeks later...
I was so excited to make one and I don't even look at it. Glad I didn't waste the money.

I'm glad I just wound up assembling things myself, instead of buying one. I think I've maybe spent $10 on it total, and right now it's mostly to keep track of who has and hasn't booked. I'm also stashing all of my documents in it (contracts and whatnot), so I'm sure that will come in handy.