Magical Hawaiian Radiance of the Seas Detailed Trip Report with Many Pictures

PhilNDebbieAtSea

Have a look at http://www.manuhealii.com, they have beautiful dresses and shirts. Our tourguide told us about Manuhealii - many locals buy their aloha shirts there and one of their shops is in Honolulu (easy to reach from Waikiki Beach). We bought some shirts before our Hawaii cruise and have since ordered some things to be shipped.

Pretty awesome, thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello! Thank you so much!! Road to Hana was about 10 hours from pick up to drop off. He picked us up at 6:30 am and we got back a little before 4:30 pm!!! It was a long day but worth it!!

Lol, both Maria and I know exactly what you mean!!! Maria says she got her dress at Lord & Taylor and I got mine at Nordstrom. I actually bought almost everything online. I got several dresses with a bit of tropical flair using the online app. So easy to return if they don't fit or you don't like. I started a year out buying things when I saw them. Lol! Good luck!!!!

Have a wonderful cruise!!!! March will be here so soon!!

Thank you, Debbie and lakediver for the information! I had a feeling Nordstrom's was involved. I had already looked at their website, but will check out Lord and Taylor as well.:)

Thank you, Debbie, for taking precious time of your life to write such a thorough and enjoyable TR. Avidly taking notes :)

Wish I had 5 sea days to adjust after the long-long flight :eek:

Dani

Thanks so much for your kind words, Dani! The sea days were so awesome! Hope you have a great time!!!

Thanks so much for your wonderful review! We leave on the Pride of America 3 weeks from Saturday and I am so excited! We are staying at HHV 2 nights before and the Marriott Waikiki Beach for one night post cruise. Your pics are incredible and we are doing several of the excursions you did. ( RTH and helicopter Kauai for example) and it's so great to see the pics you took! We actually went to Honolulu and Maui on our honeymoon 39 years ago. Thanks, Sandi

Edited by slckac77

Thanks so much for your wonderful review! We leave on the Pride of America 3 weeks from Saturday and I am so excited! We are staying at HHV 2 nights before and the Marriott Waikiki Beach for one night post cruise. Your pics are incredible and we are doing several of the excursions you did. ( RTH and helicopter Kauai for example) and it's so great to see the pics you took! We actually went to Honolulu and Maui on our honeymoon 39 years ago. Thanks, Sandi

Thank you so much!!!! Your trip sounds absolutely heavenly!!! I hope you have an awesome time!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgive me if you posted about it and I missed it, but have you and Phil found out about the nodules on his lungs yet?

Hello! Thank you! We are still in a wait and see mode. He had PET scan and one lit up and one did not. Unfortunately, because of the heart issues, doc said too dangerous to do anything surgical right now and wants to wait 3 months to see if grows more. But we are pretty hopeful because he did not light up like a Christmas tree as we were hearing people say... [emoji4] Fingers crossed!! Thanks so much for your concern!!

Hello! Thank you! We are still in a wait and see mode. He had PET scan and one lit up and one did not. Unfortunately, because of the heart issues, doc said too dangerous to do anything surgical right now and wants to wait 3 months to see if grows more. But we are pretty hopeful because he did not light up like a Christmas tree as we were hearing people say... [emoji4] Fingers crossed!! Thanks so much for your concern!!

Well that seems like pretty good news, overall! :)

Thanks for the great review of your trip and all of your fabulous pictures. Going in April and this will be my first time in Hawaii. Can not wait. Your review and pictures really have made this more exciting for me.

thanks for taking your time and for sharing your trip with us.

Oh and your rainbow pictures. You can never post too may of them.

:)

Thanks for the great review of your trip and all of your fabulous pictures. Going in April and this will be my first time in Hawaii. Can not wait. Your review and pictures really have made this more exciting for me.

thanks for taking your time and for sharing your trip with us.

Oh and your rainbow pictures. You can never post too may of them.

:)

Thanks so much!! I hope you have an amazing trip too with lots of rainbows!!! [emoji1][emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a wonderful detailed post of your trip! It was so informative. I will be going on this trip in April for my 36th Anniversary from Hawaii to Vancouver. Looking forward to this cruise it will be out 14th! Thank you Sherri

Thank you Sherri! Happy Anniversary!!! I hope you have a fabulous cruise!!!

Hi Debbie & Phil,

Love ALL the pictures, and your review! Thank you for taking the time to share with others.

We are booked for the Celebrity Millenium, April 15, 2016, Honolulu to Vancouver. I have made some notes from your comments and suggestions.

May I ask what model/make of camera was used for these incredible photos? Although, I expect almost any camera would take great pictures of the Hawaiian Islands!

Thanks again! :)

Debbie (from Ontario Canada)

Edited by eyeseeu

Thank you for this review! It was great! Reading over you're Road to Hana portion made me reminisce from when we were there. Loved it! We are planning a Hawaiian cruise in 2018 so this was very helpful.

Thank you for your kind words!! Hope you have another awesome trip to Hawaii!!! 2018 seems far, but will be here before you know it!!

Hi Debbie & Phil,

Love ALL the pictures, and your review! Thank you for taking the time to share with others.

We are booked for the Celebrity Millenium, April 15, 2016, Honolulu to Vancouver. I have made some notes from your comments and suggestions.

May I ask what model/make of camera was used for these incredible photos? Although, I expect almost any camera would take great pictures of the Hawaiian Islands!

Thanks again! :)

Debbie (from Ontario Canada)

Hi Debbie! [emoji1] Thanks so much!! I hope you have an awesome cruise!!! Sounds lovely! You are so right - it would be a challenge getting a bad picture... I have Sony Nex5 (they don't make anymore) with 18-55 lens, 55-210 lens, and wide angle lenses. The wide angles were new for the trip and I really like them for some varied shots. I also have a smaller Sony RX111 for taking meal shots or when I didn't want to carry the bigger camera. I thought it took comparable pics and was happy with it.

Enjoy your cruise!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We live in Michigan and I think the same thing every time I look out the window. We don't have nearly that much, though!

Thinking back to two years ago when we went, we were in the middle of one of the coldest, snowiest winters we'd had in years. It was such a shock to return home to the six foot high snow piles that greeted us.

Stay warm and safe!

We live in Michigan and I think the same thing every time I look out the window. We don't have nearly that much, though!

Thinking back to two years ago when we went, we were in the middle of one of the coldest, snowiest winters we'd had in years. It was such a shock to return home to the six foot high snow piles that greeted us.

Stay warm and safe!

Wow! 6 foot! Yikes! We have friends on the Grandeur now. Can't imagine actually debarking into this... They are delayed a day as they were supposed to get back tomorrow, but won't get in until Monday now.

Thanks, you too! Can't imagine living up North!! [emoji15]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Debbie,

I'm enjoying your review, but haven't read it all yet.

We are sailing on Radiance on 2/25, bottom end Australia.

I would love to know how to order a case of water for on board!

Every time we go on a long cruise I'm canvassing our departure port and lugging it to the terminal & worried that it will actually make it to our stateroom!

Thanks so much!

Chris Stone