Best port for catamaran sail/snorkel - Tropical Caribbean

sprockie

We are booked in February for HAL's tropical caribbean - Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Nassau and Amber Cove. Our kids are now a great age for a catamaran sail and snorkel and I wondered if anyone has any recommendations of good excursions at the above ports. Nassau is out because we're going to Atlantis for the day.

There's a review for a Catamaran and Snorkel excursion on the Carnival website that sounds prefect for snorkelers of all ages, includes the sail, lunch and 2 snorkel sights, plus all equipment. See if HAL offers it or if you can buy it privately.

I've found very good snorkeling in the Virgin Islands and the southern Caribbean islands of Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao but not first-hand familiar with your ports... except Half Moon Cay, not the best snorkeling and I don't think they have a Catamaran sail but do check.

Hope you find something that works for you and your family. Enjoy, m--

My personal favorite snorkel destination is Bonaire. The fish are fantastic. I also like the snorkeling excursion by Hal on Half Moon Cay. They take you out where there are many fish. I thought it was reasonably priced and their equipment and boat was first class and I felt their concern for your safety was their highest priority. It was way above average.

Edited by patrick65
Incorrect destination

Thank you everyone. Our ports are HMC, Grand Turk, Amber Cove and Nassau.

Amber Cove has 2 options and I guess that will have to be the place. HMC I never saw much in the way of interesting sea life, Nassau we are going to Atlantis, Grand Turk's snorkel trip has fine print that doesn't allow diabetics (my daughter is a Type 1), so Amber Cove it is!

Thanks again.