Radiance or Jewel????

Taking my second cruise in a couple of weeks and are planning on booking onboard for some additional savings. Here's my question, I am looking at the 8 night Eastern Caribbean on either the Radiance or the Jewel. Looking for people who have been on both ships and what you think. I know they are virtually identical, with the Jewel being a few years newer, but there is a $125 coupon in Crown & Anchor magazine for the cruise on the Radiance on 10/28/06. Is there anything so much better on the Jewel worth paying $125 more with both ships being the same price and the same itinerary. Thanks in advance.

Mariner of the Seas 9/04

Mariner again 10/05

Radiance or Jewel Fall/06

I've been on both & they're both beautiful. I would lean towards the Jewel but if you're getting an extra $125.00 off, then I'd do the Radiance. You won't be dissapointed with either one.

Not enough of a difference between the two to give up a $125 discount, especially if the itineraries are identical or very similar. Radiance class ships are our favorites and we will have sailed on Jewel three times by the end of this month.

I sailed a panama 15 day cruise on the Radiance two years ago and just returned from a ten day on the Jewel. The ships are almost the same with just minor changes. The biggest one I noticed was the windows in the solarium don't open, so it stays cool. Some public spaces have a little different decor but nothing dramatic. Age of the ships is the biggest difference. The Jewel looks newer. I would sail either ship in a heartbeat.

Archived