When do Loyalty points start?

CRUISIN LINDA

We did our first P&O cruise in March which was 10 nights. Then last month we did another which was 12 nights.

Now, I know you don't get onto the first loyalty level until you have done 15 nights, but as that point was reached during our second cruise, should we not have had some discount on the last part of the cruise after our OBC had been used up? Or am I being naive :o

We did our first P&O cruise in March which was 10 nights. Then last month we did another which was 12 nights.

Now, I know you don't get onto the first loyalty level until you have done 15 nights, but as that point was reached during our second cruise, should we not have had some discount on the last part of the cruise after our OBC had been used up? Or am I being naive :o

Not naive, just not aware of the "rules". You get the benefits on the cruise following the one in which you join the "club" :)

Hi Linda - your loyalty benefits start on the next cruise after you have accumulated the necessary points. So unfortunately you wouldn't qualify for loyalty discount on your last cruise............ but you will on your next. ;)

Thanks Kruzseeka and Brayman :) I thought that must be the case, but ever hopeful ;)

It was just that we had a card in the cabin saying welcome back and saying we were on Pacific tier, so thought we might qualify on that cruise :o

Better book another one then!

No no no, one at a time gets you nowhere. Now 3/4 at a time soon gets you up the grades. :) :) :)

Amazingly Linda,

You have already surpassed the qualifying level for Gold Tier and Ruby Tier and are now up to Platinum Tier on Princess Cruises. You have completed six qualifying cruises; 2 on P&O, 3 on Princess and one on Ocean Village. If you make sure these have all been logged at Carnival House Southampton and book a Princess Cruise you will get benefits which include: preferred check in (no general queueing), Platinum disembarkation lounge with free light refreshments (although you get to choose your disembarkation time with a higher priority so you wont be in it long) plus 150 to 500 free minutes of internet access. If only you book a Princess cruise. These are the types of benefits I feel P&O customers would welcome not the use of a bathrobe and cardboard slippers.

Regards Keith

Edited by john watson

Amazingly Linda,

You have already surpassed the qualifying level for Gold Tier and Ruby Tier and are now up to Platinum Tier on Princess Cruises. You have completed six qualifying cruises; 2 on P&O, 3 on Princess and one on Ocean Village. If you make sure these have all been logged at Carnival House Southampton and book a Princess Cruise you will get benefits which include: preferred check in (no general queueing), Platinum disembarkation lounge with free light refreshments (although you get to choose your disembarkation time with a higher priority so you wont be in it long) plus 150 to 500 free minutes of internet access. If only you book a Princess cruise. These are the types of benefits I feel P&O customers would welcome not the use of a bathrobe and cardboard slippers.

Regards Keith

I've registered in the Princess loyalty club and should be Elite by the end of this year - hopefully going in Princess for the first time in March.

Go onto http://www.princess.com website; click Log in/register and complete that section, then Log In.

I click Log In, then click "My Princess" then click "My Profile" then click "Cruise History" check that all your cruises are listed. They have a dual qualification system; number of days cruised or number of cruises, you get the tier based on whichever calculates as higher score. All P&O should be there and other relevant lines check and phone in to Carnival House if there is anything missing. When you get through ask for the Princess Captains Circle staff. My P&O cruises listed goes back to 1968 and all P&O are listed. They will advise on what to do about Ocean Village I am sure. Sitmar is another qualifying line incidently if anyone is interested.

Regards John

I filled the form in on the Princess site some time ago and I am Elite with them, twice over for number of cruises and nearly 3 times for sea days. This means you do not even have to be Caribbean with P&O to be in the top level with Princess.

It mentions P&O Australia but not OV.

I've registered in the Princess loyalty club and should be Elite by the end of this year - hopefully going in Princess for the first time in March.

Hi Florry,

I have booked my first cruise with Princess (Alaska Sept 16), and was amazed to find out that I am already an 'Elite' member, with benefits such as Dry-cleaning and Internet.:D

Hi Florry,

I have booked my first cruise with Princess (Alaska Sept 16), and was amazed to find out that I am already an 'Elite' member, with benefits such as Dry-cleaning and Internet.:D

And a mini bar set up! I'm really looking forward to trying Princess to see how it compares! No tea and coffee in the room is a bit of a worry though...

I have also registered with Princess Cruises and found that I am already in Ruby tier!!! even though I have never cruised with them. I presume that after my next cruise with P&O in the Caribbean I will be on the next tier (Platinum) as I will have a total of 57 points???:D

I think with P&O I will be on the 2nd tier (Atlantic)??

Must look at Princess for next year.

Thanks everyone. Just got in. Will check it all out later.

Where would I find my peninsular number?

It's usually on any correspondence you might have had from P&O or your last cruise booking information.

Brian

Edited by BrianI

Whoopee - We are platinum :D:D

CRUISE LINE SHIP NAME YEAR SAILED DESTINATION STATUS CREDITS DAYS

P&O United Kingdom Oceana 2015 Europe Completed 1 12

P&O United Kingdom Oceana 2015 Europe Completed 1 10

Princess Cruises Crown Princess 2013 Europe Completed 1 8

Princess Cruises Crown Princess 2011 Europe Completed 1 12

Princess Cruises Sea Princess 2010 Caribbean Completed 1 14

P&O United Kingdom Ocean Village2-wq 2008 Completed 1 7

Thanks for all the information folks :)

PS John Watson - are you John or Keith? Confused :confused::confused:

Wee hee. So are we. Brilliant! I realise there are some who think those, like me, who haven't yet cruised with Princess may think this isn't fair ..... but there is now a big incentive to start looking much harder at Princess cruises. Of course you don't sail for the loyalty benefits as they definitely aren't make or break, but it's psychologically a good PR move on their part I reckon.

Btw, I haven't had Cunard cruises included towards my credits - does that mean there isn't a similar arrangement with Cunard?

I am very impressed with the efficiency of the way in which the admin links up. Incidentally Linda, whenever we go to our TA they get into the P&O info linked to us - even if you've only got your postcode to offer (since I don't remember my Peninsular number) and can pull up all the details including future cruise benefits etc. so I'm sure your TA would be able to do the same thing.

CRUISE LINE SHIP NAME YEAR SAILED DESTINATION STATUS CREDITS DAYS

P&O United Kingdom Oceana 2015 Europe Completed 1 12

P&O United Kingdom Oceana 2015 Europe Completed 1 10

Princess Cruises Crown Princess 2013 Europe Completed 1 8

Princess Cruises Crown Princess 2011 Europe Completed 1 12

Princess Cruises Sea Princess 2010 Caribbean Completed 1 14

P&O United Kingdom Ocean Village2-wq 2008 Completed 1 7

My name is Keith, when thinking up a name instead calling myself Cruisegoer or anything like that I opted for John Watson apparently I have assumed the same name as the Ulsterman that won the British Grand Prix at Silverstone in 1981.

A question just to throw out there.

When I checked we are elite with Princess, if I remember.

Some of the problems that P and O are having are being linked to them having so many top tier people (Caribbean and above).

If people can reach the top tier of Princess without even cruising with them..do they have similar problems ,with too many top tier cruisers?:confused:

My name is Keith, when thinking up a name instead calling myself Cruisegoer or anything like that I opted for John Watson apparently I have assumed the same name as the Ulsterman that won the British Grand Prix at Silverstone in 1981.
Yes I remember him. My name is not very original I'm afraid :rolleyes:

Some of the problems that P and O are having are being linked to them having so many top tier people (Caribbean and above).

If people can reach the top tier of Princess without even cruising with them..do they have similar problems ,with too many top tier cruisers?:confused:

Probably. :rolleyes: Guess the forum might be a bit lively! It could create quite a log-jam for priority boarding I imagine so it may be better to restrict some perks to those holding more qualifying points but even if they restricted the benefit to those with a 'lesser' claim, I'd be very pleased with just the the WiFi element which appears quite generous and kicks in quickly. That wouldn't impact on loyalty benefits where the physical number of bodies would be an issue nor would they need to fund events/drinks. The only cost to them would be lost revenue for Internet use.

They do; but it is not a problem on UK sailings generally or indeed Japan and China. Peak holiday periods round trip from Florida can be difficult with a high proportion of people boarding the normal boarding can run quicker and the laundry can be inundated. There are not so many Elite Americans on the aforementioned itineraries.

Regards John

CRUISE LINESHIP NAMEYEAR SAILEDDESTINATIONSTATUSCREDITSDAYS

P&O United KingdomOceana2015EuropeCompleted112

P&O United KingdomOceana2015EuropeCompleted110

Princess CruisesCrown Princess2013EuropeCompleted18

Princess CruisesCrown Princess2011EuropeCompleted112

Princess CruisesSea Princess2010CaribbeanCompleted114

P&O United KingdomOcean Village2-wq2008Completed17

Me too and I've booked my first Princess Cruise with the Pirates in April!

Wee hee. So are we. Brilliant! I realise there are some who think those, like me, who haven't yet cruised with Princess may think this isn't fair ..... but there is now a big incentive to start looking much harder at Princess cruises. Of course you don't sail for the loyalty benefits as they definitely aren't make or break, but it's psychologically a good PR move on their part I reckon.

Btw, I haven't had Cunard cruises included towards my credits - does that mean there isn't a similar arrangement with Cunard? I am very impressed with the efficiency of the way in which the admin links up. Incidentally Linda, whenever we go to our TA they get into the P&O info linked to us - even if you've only got your postcode to offer (since I don't remember my Peninsular number) and can pull up all the details including future cruise benefits etc. so I'm sure your TA would be able to do the same thing.

Not with P&O or Princess but Cunard points count towards HAL and vice versa I presume.