Vibe pass/early boarding group Escape?

NPowell

I'm new to NCL (and I also haven't cruised in 10 years!) After reading so much about the Vibe passes, I plan on trying to get one. But based on all the comments, in order to get a Vibe pass, you need to be in an early boarding group. How do you get in an early boarding group? Does NCL assign the groups or if you arrive at the port early, can you board early?

Thanks!

When you register with NCL on line you are asked what boarding time do you want. The earliest is 9:30. We stayed Downtown at the Intercontinental took a cab, got to th terminal at 9. We were ushered into the pre security screening area. At precisely 9;30 screening started. You will have be in group one. Look for the stand alone tall sign to the right and sit as close to it as possible. At 11am priority boarding began. If you are in group one and try to sneak on with the priority group, you will be sent back, walking the walk of shame!! Now comes the tricky part. Once group one is allowed on be prepared to be run over. I am not kidding. Everyone wants the passes. You will enter the ship on deck 7. Guest services is on deck 6. Walk straight ahead to the first set of stairs you see down to 6. ,Guest services will be right there. MAKE SURE you get in the correct line. There will be three lines. Get in the line under the sign that says."ONBOARD CREDIT" very important to be in right line or you are wasting valuable time. Guest services staff will walk along the line and ask if they can help. Tell her you want Vibe passes and if you are one of the first 80 she will give you a laminated card with a number on it. We got #48 &49 and we were one of the first ones on the shil. It's tricky to find the Vibe but you'll figure it out. Once there the best lounge chairs are to the left just in front of the big misting machine which will come on ever few minutes which is very cooling. Each morning you can get there early, secure you space, go get something to eat. The staff arrives at 8 but you can get in earlier. Bar opens 9. Best bartenders ever. Rudy and ariel are occasionally others. Hope this helps, worked.for us and was worth every penny. Met some great folks, had a ball . Good luck!!!

When you register with NCL on line you are asked what boarding time do you want. The earliest is 9:30. We stayed Downtown at the Intercontinental took a cab, got to th terminal at 9. We were ushered into the pre security screening area. At precisely 9;30 screening started. You will have be in group one. Look for the stand alone tall sign to the right and sit as close to it as possible. At 11am priority boarding began. If you are in group one and try to sneak on with the priority group, you will be sent back, walking the walk of shame!! Now comes the tricky part. Once group one is allowed on be prepared to be run over. I am not kidding. Everyone wants the passes. You will enter the ship on deck 7. Guest services is on deck 6. Walk straight ahead to the first set of stairs you see down to 6. ,Guest services will be right there. MAKE SURE you get in the correct line. There will be three lines. Get in the line under the sign that says."ONBOARD CREDIT" very important to be in right line or you are wasting valuable time. Guest services staff will walk along the line and ask if they can help. Tell her you want Vibe passes and if you are one of the first 80 she will give you a laminated card with a number on it. We got #48 &49 and we were one of the first ones on the shil. It's tricky to find the Vibe but you'll figure it out. Once there the best lounge chairs are to the left just in front of the big misting machine which will come on ever few minutes which is very cooling. Each morning you can get there early, secure you space, go get something to eat. The staff arrives at 8 but you can get in earlier. Bar opens 9. Best bartenders ever. Rudy and ariel are occasionally others. Hope this helps, worked.for us and was worth every penny. Met some great folks, had a ball . Good luck!!!

Thanks for that info- very helpful!

Question- i'm traveling with my family and i'm wondering if they all need to run and be in line at the same time, or if I can buy passes for them? Any insight on this? I usually travel with just my husband and this whole coordinating 8 people thing is a bit of a pain!

Edited by MattandLindsay

best info on the vibe. guess i have to get my tennis shoes on and tell my wife meet me down there. Thanks again

In reply to the buying for a group: do you want everyones charge posted to your unmarked t?? Everyone buying a pass will have to present their key card in order for it to be activated to open the Vibe that will activate theLindadoor. or. If all key cards are not available at the time you are signing up you may be moved aside so others can proceed with the process.

About the Vibe entrance: when you stand in front of the door there is a totally unmarked beige box to the left. You would never think to open it. But when you do there is a slot to slip your card into to activate the door Linda

In reply to the buying for a group: do you want everyones charge posted to your unmarked t?? Everyone buying a pass will have to present their key card in order for it to be activated to open the Vibe that will activate theLindadoor. or. If all key cards are not available at the time you are signing up you may be moved aside so others can proceed with the process.

About the Vibe entrance: when you stand in front of the door there is a totally unmarked beige box to the left. You would never think to open it. But when you do there is a slot to slip your card into to activate the door Linda

Or you can pay for everyone on your card. The guy behind us purchased 9 passes and they weren't present, he just paid for all of them.

Also, no need to go early to get a chair, there's always plenty of seats available.

The Haven has a private sun deck, hot tubs, bar, pool, restaurant but it also allows children in all these areas.

So do you need it as much as a non haven cruiser? No. you already have a private area but some haven guests want to insure they have a space away from kids and Vibe offers that.

The Haven has a private sun deck, hot tubs, bar, pool, restaurant but it also allows children in all these areas.

So do you need it as much as a non haven cruiser? No. you already have a private area but some haven guests want to insure they have a space away from kids and Vibe offers that.

We were in the Haven last week and it was worse than a day care center. VIBE passes were a must!

Thank you so much for the excellent advice! I can't wait to try to get the passes!

Urgh..I'm envisioning something that looks like an episode of Supermarket Sweep as soon as boarding opens :eek: :eek: :eek:

You got it, when we were on the BA is was a real cluster puck. Dam near everyone in boarding group 1-3 wanted Vibe passes. Only the strong got them, I've never walk so fast in my life. My wife and I were 40 something out of 60, within 2 minutes of my arrival all were gone. Their was a bunch of some pretty angry people who did not get passes. I think NCL needs to change this system, make it a lottery for your cruise or something along that line to make it fair for everyone who paid to cruise.

Can someone point me to where VIBE information is on NCL's Escape website? I was going all through their website about the ship, pictures, etc and for some reason just cannot locate it. Appreciate it!!

This is the only thing I was able to locate:

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/escape/whats-on-board/bars-lounges#Escape_Vibe_Beach_Club

Vibe Beach Club

Guests will jump for joy upon discovering this private retreat where they can connect with the ocean – and disconnect from everything else. Exclusively for those 18 and over, Vibe Beach Club is resplendent with ocean views, an over-sized hot tub, chaise loungers and a relaxing water feature - idea for relaxation. A full-service bar, water spritzers, chilled towels and skewers of fruit ease you even more into serenity. A limited number of passes will be available for purchase onboard at the Guest Service Desk

I would assume they don't publish a lot about the space to keep the demand and expectations at a manageable level. Fingers crossed we get passes...but I'm going to set a new record for my 800m dash to get them!

This is the only thing I was able to locate:

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/escape/whats-on-board/bars-lounges#Escape_Vibe_Beach_Club

I would assume they don't publish a lot about the space to keep the demand and expectations at a manageable level. Fingers crossed we get passes...but I'm going to set a new record for my 800m dash to get them!

Thanks!