Car Rental Shuttle to Port of Miami

uswcer55

Can anyone confirm that there is a shuttle from the car rental area at the Fort Lauderdale International Airport to the Port of Miami?

I want to rent a car at FLL as we fly in the night before, go to our hotel which is in Sunrise, and the next day drive back to FLL to turn in the car and hop on a shuttle to the port. Is this possible? Is there a fee of any kind for that shuttle and if so do you know what it is.

Also, if these shuttles do still exist - is it only with a specific rental company or is it all of them at the rental area? And lastly, if they exist, are they operating at the Port that I could hop on and get back to the airport once we are back. As we are again staying the night and will need transportation back to our Sunrise area hotel.

Got a great deal on a hotel btw... used lastminutetravel and got a room at the Hilton for $144 with tax.. on their website that room is $280 a night!!

You won't find any car rental company shuttles that will take you from FLL to PortMiami--that's nearly an hour's drive each way. You can book a shared shuttle from the airport terminal to the Port, or a taxi will be around $90.

Have you considered finding a rental car you can drop off and pick back up in Miami? The dropoff fees will likely not be much more than the shuttle cost--and certainly worth not having to drive between your hotel and PortMiami via FLL airport.

I assume the Hilton property in Sunrise you are at is the Doubletree Sawgrass Mills; commuting back and forth from FLL to this hotel then back to FLL to PoM, then upon return again to FLL and then hotel is a ridiculous amount of time spent in traffic, even by South Florida poor standards.

If you drop the car at the MIA airport car rental center and rent from National, Alamo or Thrifty you can ride their free shuttle to POM -- show the driver your rental receipt paperwork.

You can drop the car off in downtown very close to POM - Avis, Budget & Hertz have locations that are a $12 or so cab ride away from the port.

Or, as suggested above, drop the car at FLL and pay $15 per person for shared shuttle service - check with SAS, QLS, Go Airport and others often suggested on this board.

Thanks guys. I think the best option would be to pick up a rental in FLL, do our thing for the night with hotel and what not and drop off rental at Miami International and hop the shuttle to the port. I found out that Enterprise also has a shuttle, in addition to those above named. I am waiting for a response from Dollar and Sixt on if they do as well, because they have the best rental rate I have found yet. We are so excited! 39 days and counting for a Mom/Daughter first time ever cruise!!

If you find a great deal from someone in Miami who does not shuttle, a taxi from the MIA airport to POM is a flat rate fare of $27+tip. Cab fare from downtown Miami to POM will run about $12-15 on the meter.

Have a great cruise! :)

I am picking up a Budget rental car at FLL the night before our cruise, driving to Miami that night, picking up pop etc. In the morning we will drop car off at rental company and they provide free shuttle to ship! Pretty easy! We did the same at Port Canaveral last year. In Florida there is no "1 way fee" on the cars. You can pick up a car in Florida and drop it off at another place in Florida- fee

Edited by yankedog

Thanks guys. I think the best option would be to pick up a rental in FLL, do our thing for the night with hotel and what not and drop off rental at Miami International and hop the shuttle to the port. I found out that Enterprise also has a shuttle, in addition to those above named. I am waiting for a response from Dollar and Sixt on if they do as well, because they have the best rental rate I have found yet. We are so excited! 39 days and counting for a Mom/Daughter first time ever cruise!!

Dollar does have a shuttle. We've used them often

Glad to see Dollar has one rented from them today for an overnight in Miami.

I called budget, even though the port of Miami website stated they had a shuttle when I called they did not have a shuttle from the downtown Miami location to the port. she stated they stopped doing that a few weeks ago due to the cost of licenses etc at the port? anyway REALLY glad to see Budget does.

Glad to see Dollar has one rented from them today for an overnight in Miami.

I called budget, even though the port of Miami website stated they had a shuttle when I called they did not have a shuttle from the downtown Miami location to the port. she stated they stopped doing that a few weeks ago due to the cost of licenses etc at the port? anyway REALLY glad to see Budget does.

I just reserved a car from the Budget at the downtown cruiseport location. I thought they did have a shuttle. I'm confused now, your post says they no longer have a shuttle and then says they do. Thanks for clearing this up for me.

• 2 weeks later...