Galveston Checkin Times Changed

dhaza

Update for everyone. Carnival is aware of the glitch, and has opened a investigation to find the problem and solution to get it fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

h

Thanks - I switched hotels and parking at the port now so I decided when I get to the port and don't have to worry about a shuttle. Just makes it easier for us.....

Just sailed Magic and we had 10am check in and were priority.

Arrived about 10:30 and took only about 15 minutes to get inside. Didn't get onto the ship until around 12:30 or later.

On disembark we had tags #3(out of 30?) and weren't called until around 9am, took over an hour to get through customs. Carnival said this had something to do with visiting Belize, the customs agent said it was because so many sail without Passports...

Long story short: you can arrive at your posted time, but bring a book, you're going to be sitting around for awhile.

Long story short: you can arrive at your posted time, but bring a book, you're going to be sitting around for awhile.

Dec 13? If so, our embarkation was delayed due to their debarkation according to the Captain. We should have been able to board approx. 10:30 a.m., but he said they had issues with passengers having to be woken up and nicely (he said) asked to leave. Normally we've boarded much earlier then noon out of Galveston. Next cruise for us is out of Fort Lauderdale in April, have not been to this terminal before, hope it's as streamlined as Galveston was.

Check in time and embarkation time are nto the same thing. It is not unusual for check in to begin 90 minutes before embarkation begins. Go at the time on your boarding pass, but be prepared to sit in the terminal for a while after you get checked in.