Guaranty cabin

gkrnjlr

We were booked in an inside cabin and just recently upgraded to a balcony Guaranty on the Escape. I've never booked guaranty. I wouldn't think (hope!) that there are any cabins to avoid. When does NCL usually assign their gty cabins? The week before sailing?

Thanks!

We were booked in an inside cabin and just recently upgraded to a balcony Guaranty on the Escape. I've never booked guaranty. I wouldn't think (hope!) that there are any cabins to avoid. When does NCL usually assign their gty cabins? The week before sailing?

Thanks!

How much was it to upgrade from inside to balcony?

When is your cruise?

Thanks.

Thanks!

I personally wouldn't worry too much about getting a bad balcony cabin. However, some would consider a balcony cabin bad based on something undesirable (noisy?) above them or below them. Some balcony cabins do not have a glass balcony rail (it is more of a steel rail that you can't see thru). I'm not sure if the Escape has any of those. And some would consider balconies bad if they were too far from the elevators. Or directly near an elevator. But my guess is that you'll love your balcony.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

I personally wouldn't worry too much about getting a bad balcony cabin. However, some would consider a balcony cabin bad based on something undesirable (noisy?) above them or below them. Some balcony cabins do not have a glass balcony rail (it is more of a steel rail that you can't see thru). I'm not sure if the Escape has any of those. And some would consider balconies bad if they were too far from the elevators. Or directly near an elevator. But my guess is that you'll love your balcony.

That is true.....some people would consider those things a bad balcony. We're easy to please! I am guessing we'll be happy. It's the anticipation of finding out what our balcony is that is hard. Guess I need more patience, huh? :)

Thanks!

I've booked GTY only once and that was my last cruise. I was apprehensive because I didn't want something noisy above or below, but ended up with a great location. Mine was assigned a few months before sailing and never changed. I'd take the risk again. :D

Excellent!!! There are still a LOT of cabins left on our sailing - so we could be just about anywhere.

Thanks!

I had done guarantee cabins(inside as well as balcony) many times, not once had I gotten a bad cabin. Its very important to me to have peace and quiet and they never put me anywhere where there might be noise.

So no worries, I am sure you will love your cabin. Enjoy your cruise!

I am on your sailing, too, and have been watching prices since we're about 30 days from sailing. We're in a BA balcony on deck 14, but I wouldn't mind upgrading to a mini-suite (I know there are no perks) or spa balcony if the price is right. For a cruise in the middle/end of January, I'm surprised there are still so many cabins left on this sailing! Then again, it is a new ship and prices are running higher than what we've paid for past cruises at the same time of year.

Sorry...that got rambly. I'll cross my fingers you get your cabin assignment soon!

I am on your sailing, too, and have been watching prices since we're about 30 days from sailing. We're in a BA balcony on deck 14, but I wouldn't mind upgrading to a mini-suite (I know there are no perks) or spa balcony if the price is right. For a cruise in the middle/end of January, I'm surprised there are still so many cabins left on this sailing! Then again, it is a new ship and prices are running higher than what we've paid for past cruises at the same time of year.

Sorry...that got rambly. I'll cross my fingers you get your cabin assignment soon!

Not rambly at all! I followed it!

I'm also really surprised at how many cabins are left. My sister and I sail every January and usually it's a sold out ship or at least almost. Not this time.

I wonder if you can get a deal on your spa balcony or mini-suite as time gets closer. I kept waiting for the price to drop to upgrade to the balcony and then decided to just do it - in case prices went up. I can't see prices going up though, at this point. I'll cross my fingers for you!

Jennifer

We just upgraded to balconies on escape and getaway and it took about 3 days for the cabin to be assigned on getaway and a little longer for escape.

escape is 1/9 getaway is 1/17

You cruise a few weeks before me.....so maybe we'll have ours in a couple weeks.

I hope you have a great cruise!

I booked my Jan 9th cruise on Nov 24th. I still haven't been assigned a cabin. I keep checking :) I'm pretending that the longer I wait, the better cabin I might get.

Oh wow! They are taking their time.

Maybe you'll end up with an aft balcony!